Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thurrock Result

Team sheets irrelevant

Both teams played a settled team first half and more experimental second half.

Town in early stages were very much in charge. A nice flick on for Bryan Hammatt to shoot over the bar.

At the other end JJ abandoned to a one on one outside his box which he successfully cleared. JJ saved low to his right. Thurrock shot across goal. David Bastian looked recovered from last season’s injury and back in his wing back role.

Town won a corner for Bryan to rise above the rest to skim on the rebound falling for Andy Jones to sky over the cross bar. Still a challenge I see! A lovely shot from David Bastian was saved by Mann for it to drop in front of Bryan. At the town end there was a goal mouth mêlée and Town did well to retain composure. JJ saved a top right corner shot. Thurrock then shot over the bar.

Bryan went down in the box after a slip with a beautiful dive town fans were all set to hold up score cards. The best shot of the first half was a sublime header by Bastian off the post. What a shot (almost a goal in his own net). Someone tell him which way we are shooting! Good first half performance certainly rattled Thurrock!

Second half all change and without Ozie as target man town seemed to lose our shape. Town's best shot was from Jamie Nay who forced the keeper to curl his shot round his near post. At the other end town caught napping and Hasler beaten 1 – 0.

It was interesting to watch Ozie's style of slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. Yes you’ve guessed it Foxtrot Foster!

I can’t confirm the full starting line-up as there were a couple of new lads I didn’t recognise. Adam Gant, James Dickie, Dave Bastian, Andy Jones, Steve Velandia, Paul Campbell, Ozie Foster and JJ all started. Town played well in the first half and Ozie Foster looked good. In the second half JC made seven changes and Town lost their shape with all the changes. It was a good Town performance especially in the first half.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Can anyone name the trialists who came on second half?I think there were about 6 new faces.

Also did my eyes deceive me, or did we have 3 players wearing a N07 shirt in the second half?

No I can't name the trialist but in fairness to JC at least he gave them a chance to show what they could do.

Are you going to tell the kit boy he had 3 sevens out there? You are either brave or foolhardy. If one of them had scored we could have said it was a lucky strike!

1st half

John, Campbell, Bastian, Carroll, Gant, James Dickie, Velandia, Kofi Nyamah, Ozie Foster, Hammatt, Jones

2nd half

Charlie Hasler, Tickner, Nay, Glen Harvey, Richard Georgiou, Torre Capone, Nyamah, Hammatt, Magona, Daniel Moss, Velandia, sub Hall

Waiting for confirmation on some of the spellings