Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bunch of scruffs

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Smart denim jeans? do they exist? no trousers blazer & tie thankyou, do you see premier league clubs directors in jeans at a match? err no!
Smart on the pitch, smart of it too please.

But we are not Premier League are we? All I ask is that when they enter my Boardroom they are smart. Collar & Tie or Club Polo Shirt is quite acceptable in my opinion.

attentat

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
...But we are not Premier League are we? All I ask is that when they enter my Boardroom they are smart....

But we should aspire to be shouldn't we?
So if a board member deems his jeans & polo shirt are smart thats alright then is it?
I think we need to look at the more senior clubs like Harlow & Hornchurch who as I recall always looked "sharp" in their attire when we played at their ground or they visited us.
Polo shirt & jeans makes us look like how we were once deemed by a certain chairman......dustman parading as directors!

Image is the first view of a club, a tie and jacket is in my view a must on matchdays.

You wouldnt get married or go to a job interview without either would you? So when on official buisness be seen to be what you are representing, a proper decent well run club!!

...But we are not Premier League are we? All I ask is that when they enter my Boardroom they are smart....

So if a board member deems his jeans & polo shirt are smart thats alright then is it?
I think we need to look at the more senior clubs like Harlow & Hornchurch who as I recall always looked "sharp" in their attire when we played at their ground or they visited us.
Polo shirt & jeans makes us look like how we were once deemed by a certain chairman......dustman parading as directors!

Image is the first view of a club, a tie and jacket is in my view a must on matchdays.

You wouldnt get married or go to a job interview without either would you? So when on official buisness be seen to be what you are representing, a proper decent well run club!!

I always look the part on a golf course until I go to hit the ball!!!

Agree

If you are representing your/our club you should take pride in your/club and dress smart...same goes for a business if you are to meet clients etc you want to make agood lasting impression (that being the right impression too)

Is there not a code of conduct that directors etc need to adhere to, we have similar for supporters when entering the ground.

I think we should nominate Gazza for the board, he obviously has high standards, and lives outside of the borough, so he must qualify

I never said Jeans were acceptable in my Boardroom or are smart. I like the Board Members to wear Collar & Tie during the Season, but for Pre-season games I think it is ok to wear a Club Polo Shirt.

Yes I agree with you that image is important and I think on the whole we at ETFC don't scrub up too bad.

I don't think I'd like to get married or go for a job interview in collar and tie!! evil2

chloe

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER

I think we should nominate Gazza for the board, he obviously has high standards, and lives outside of the borough, so he must qualify

GAZZA, GAZZA , GAZZA, GAZZA..................

cheerleader

This a red herring, there need be no conflict. If we want to be taken seriously then a dress code for directors/officials (and indeed players) is a must - and that does not include jeans, however smart.

Some clubs at Conference level keep spare ties behind the bar in case a slobby official from the visiting club turns up without one. They don't even allow visiting officials in unless properly attired, let alone there own. (I happened to be discussing the issue with a director of non-league club over the weekend).

Totally agree. We should have directors who are really good at their jobs and also wearing a smart suit and tie. Whilst I don't go in for a uniform, I do feel that any director representing the club in an official capacity should be wearing the club tie too.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Totally agree. We should have directors who are really good at their jobs and also wearing a smart suit and tie. Whilst I don't go in for a uniform, I do feel that any director representing the club in an official capacity should be wearing the club tie too.

Quite agree about Club Tie, but I think we could do with a new one.

Arky, Arky.........................

giggle

giggle

Funny you should say that, but I'm waiting for some designs to come through this week.

What I find odd is that there is no official club policy, and it seems to be only thanks to SL that any standards are maintained at all. And as I said before, she has no such control over awau games.

I understand that there is a constitutional requirement for our directors to each attend a minimum number of games per season. I am astonished that there is no code for dress and presentation. To be honest, it is 'little' things like this that mark you out as a mickey-mouse club or not.

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
What I find odd is that there is no official club policy, and it seems to be only thanks to SL that any standards are maintained at all. And as I said before, she has no such control over awau games.

I understand that there is a constitutional requirement for our directors to each attend a minimum number of games per season. I am astonished that there is no code for dress and presentation. To be honest, it is 'little' things like this that mark you out as a mickey-mouse club or not.

Yes it is down to me as it "MY" Boardroom, and I want it run properly.

We do have a dress code for the Boardroom and that is collar & tie, but I don't know about when they visit other grounds, but it should be for away games too.

happy

Originally Posted By: Arkwright

giggle

Funny you should say that, but I'm waiting for some designs to come through this week.

Well done that man.

happy