Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bunch of scruffs

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Genuine interruption: I assume that women cannot wear what they like in the boardroom whether they are directors or not, as is the case at other clubs. The code applies to dircetor's wives as well. It is simply more difficult to define what is acceptable. Clearly jeans and a T-shirt would not be acceptable. Proper trousers (?) or a skirt/dress, and a 'top' (you see, I know all the terminology!) would, I imagine, be ok.

Have already replied to similar posting smart attire applies, but if a visiting female official was not suitably dressed then |I would request that she leave.

evil2

What if she was dressed the same as Towns females who have access to the boardroom.Would that female official have to be more smarly dressed than them? Not criticising at all,but most of the Town ladies do seem to wear normal matchday clothing in the boardroom.

Most of the females who have access to the Boardroom are not Directors or officials of the Club,they are matchday helpers. I think you will find that the ladies who do meet in the Boardroom before the game are Jess & Julie (Tea Ladies) Flaxen Claxon (50-50 Ticket Seller) Corinne (Golden Goal Seller Mrs R (Club Sec's Wife) Gill Hatvani & Annie (Boardroom Assistants) & The Guvnor (thats me) We do have one female director Fran & sometimes she may come straight from work on a Saturday and may well be in her work uniform.

As far as I am concerned we do dress smartly. Would you prefer us in Ball Gowns then?

giggle

I thought we had 2 lady Directors???

Nah, I'm not a director, just "THE BOSS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

giggle bolt

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
The 'work uniform' thing rather depends on where the director in question works (which of course should not be disclosed or discussed here).

If she is a bus driver, supermarket worker, nurse, deep sea diver, ballerina, refuse collector, bee keeper, sewage farm operative, Formula 1 driver or astronaut, then I can see a problem!

I see an altogether different problem if she is a pole dancer!

If she is an actress it might be interesting - away officials could be entertained by Queen Elizabeth I one week, Moll Flanders the next and then Lady Macbeth.

How did you know she is a Pole Dancer, have you seen her perform?

yay

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Totally agree. We should have directors who are really good at their jobs and also wearing a smart suit and tie. Whilst I don't go in for a uniform, I do feel that any director representing the club in an official capacity should be wearing the club tie too.

Quite agree about Club Tie, but I think we could do with a new one.

Arky, Arky.........................

giggle

Funny you should say that, but I'm waiting for some designs to come through this week.

Can these be silk, please. Those old polyster ones don't half chafe your wrists!

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Totally agree. We should have directors who are really good at their jobs and also wearing a smart suit and tie. Whilst I don't go in for a uniform, I do feel that any director representing the club in an official capacity should be wearing the club tie too.

Quite agree about Club Tie, but I think we could do with a new one.

Arky, Arky.........................

giggle

Funny you should say that, but I'm waiting for some designs to come through this week.

Can these be silk, please. Those old polyster ones don't half chafe your wrists!

What are you doing with them? Forget I asked that each to their own!