Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC Supporters' Club Shows off........

andyetfc

Sorry, that should have read, 'Enfield Town FC Supporters' Club shows off its

doors at Brimmo'.

Do you remember a few years ago when supporters were asked to sponsor a seat in

our stand? Of course you do as all but 8 seats were sponsored which brought in

much needed income for the club.

Well now the Supporters' Club has come up with an impressive follow up scheme

to the Sponsor a Seat campaign.

Sponsor a mini shirt in aid of ground developments and future projects.

Those who regularly visit the ground will know that the outer security doors

to the Supporters' Club shop/Aladdin's Cave are always open and are plain white.

The Supporters' Club are having two boards professionally produced to cover the

doors. Each board will resemble a football pitch, coloured green with white lines

and the Club's crest in the centre circle.

One pitch will have details of the club's successes around the outer edge whilst

the other will have details of the games in which we were runners-up in various

competitions.

The boards/pitches will be secured to the inside of the doors which will face

outwards when open on matchdays.

There will be a heading at the top of each board saying 'We all follow Enfield

Town Football Club'.

Now here is the scheme.

160 mini - club shirts will be superimposed on each of the pitches. Each shirt will have

the club's crest on them and there will also be a space provided for all fans to have their name displayed on one or more of the mini shirts.

What a fantastic idea and only costing supporters £15.00 per shirt! Just think, your name displayed on the doors every time they are opened!

The names will stay on the shirts for as long as the shop is in use.

The supporters' club would like to keep all cost down to a minimum so would like

to order the boards with as many names superimposed on the shirts as possible.

Should supporters wish to take part in the scheme once the boards have been purchased,

then their names will be displayed on professionally designed name stickers. Although

the finished article will look impressive, it will look even better if we can get the names on the boards before they are purchased.

Do not worry about the boards when the club is not at Brimmo during the week as the doors will be locked, with the boards facing inwards.

If you want to take part in the scheme, and we hope you do, then please send a

personal message to andyetfc or Arkwright as soon as possible via the forum. (please do not send both of them a pm as it could be confusing – just one of them will do)

You can also talk to Dave Hicks in the club shop or Andy Hatvani at any one of

our games.

All we would need is the exact spelling of your name and £15.00 per mini shirt.(Cheques made payable to Enfield Town FC Supporters’ Club)

What could be simpler?

We envisage purchasing at least the winners board by the end of September so

please let us know whether you wish to have your name on one of the mini shirts

as soon as possible.

Cheers

PS. The name on the mini shirt does not have to be yours. It can be the name of someone else if you wish.

Well, we are on the way with five mini shirts sold so far. The above details are going to be printed in the programmes so Arkwright and I are expecting a rush! Why not then beat that rush and get your order in now.

We don't need your money just yet, just a promise that you will support this venture.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Well, we are on the way with five mini shirts sold so far. The above details are going to be printed in the programmes so Arkwright and I are expecting a rush! Why not then beat that rush and get your order in now.

We don't need your money just yet, just a promise that you will support this venture.

Put me down for one Andy, I don't very often escape from me Boardroom!!!!!!

giggle

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it's me again.

The good news is that we have now 76 mini shirts sponsored! An executive decision was taken last night, at a high level I hasten to add, that we will stop this 'winners board' scheme when we hit the 100 mark. The board will be produced with all the names of the sponsors on it and displayed as previously indicated.

It will look good and hopefully encourage other supporters to join the scheme to fill up the other door.

By the way, the high level meeting was held during half time last night whilst walking around the ground!

Look out for myself or Arkwright on Saturday as there are only 24 mini shirts left! You can always PM me. We have had two companies take part in the scheme so we do not have to have just your names on the shirts. How about a family relative? Best friend? Name of your pet!!!

• 2 weeks later...

News Update.

89 mini shirts have now been sponsored with just 11 to go.

I will not be at Rothwell so will be trying to sell off the last remining shirts today and at the next few home games(as well as Maldon) so if you haven't been approached, then come looking for me.

Thanks to the 'Club 89'

Must be the longest time ever someone has answered their own thread!

The even better news is that 95 mini shirts have been sponsored and yet another executive decision has been made. This Saturday is the last time people can contact me to sponsor a mini shirt. I trust that we can get to the magical 100. Come on, you know it makes sense.

When Saturday has come and gone, and you have not sponsored a mini shirt, then please don't come begging to me to take your money off you. I may be tempted, but it may, just may, be too late as we are hoping to have the board produced within two weeks.

Thanks to all who have sponsored a mini shirt.

This will be the last posting on here for a while as the 100th mini shirt was sponsored yesterday. I even had a very generous offer from a loyal supporter who said he would sponsor any mini shirts I had left after 5.00pm. (I think he was fed up with listening to me going round asking supporters to join the scheme as I was interupting his reading) Little does he know that we will start on the 'runners-up' door later!

We now have received 100 pledges at £15.00 each for the mini shirts and I will be finalising details with Fastsigns to produce the pitch/board/mini shirts, etc. We will try and get this done asap.

We will then have an official opening of the doors to the club shop and then request the money from all supporters.

Many thanks to all who have joined in with the scheme.