Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Beware of Tufty in mufti.......

From a newsfeed.....

"Police in Iran are reported to have taken 14 squirrels into custody - because they are suspected of spying.

The rodents were found near the Iranian border allegedly equipped with eavesdropping devices, according to Sky News.

The reports have come from the official Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

When asked to confirm the story, the national police chief said: "I have heard about it, but I do not have precise information."

The IRNA said that the squirrels were kitted out by foreign intelligence services - but were captured two weeks ago by police officers.

A Foreign Office source told Sky News: "The story is nuts."

But if true, this would not be the first time animals have been used to spy.

During the Second World War, the Allied Forces used pigeons to fly vital intelligence out of occupied France.

More recently, US marines stationed in Kuwait have used chickens as a low-tech chemical detection system."

Ordered by a "Kernel" in Squirrel Intelligence?

Its a forces slang expression for 'plain-clothes'.

The American have trained dolphins to plant mines on the hulls of ships so I suppose anything is possible.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
what does mufti stand for ?

Big JR is correct and that was the meaning I meant, but, "and zis is Veery Interesting, Helga!" said Herr Flick

According to Wikipedia the alternative meaning is:

"A mufti (Arabic: مفتى) is an Islamic scholar who is an interpreter or expounder of Islamic law (Sharia), capable of issuing fataawa (plural of "fatwa")."

Clearly that makes it an Inside Job.......

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
What sort of squirrel were they?

Red squirrels - obviously communists.

Grey squirrels - probably spies, as this is an American species which has already achieved near domination of the squirrel world in the UK.

Flying squirrels - special forces?

There's more to this than meets the eye.....

Excuse me, but you have forgotton Black Squirrels......Oh sorry...........RACIST! gotcha1