Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

3-1 vs. Tiptree

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
17 replies to this topic

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I think there's a lot of goals in our squad this year. From the word go we had crosses flying in and shots coming from all over the place - it was quite exciting to watch. I was a bit concerned when Tiptree took the lead, but it's all about the performance in pre-season matches and as the game wore on we played faster, more intelligent football which culminated in three goals being scored in the second half.

Both Francis and Fannibyan have looked fantastic in our three games so far and the prospect of the two of them along with Bourney and Edgar/Roberts in midfield really makes my mouth water. Having two wingers (Bourney/Francis) able to take the ball past people and put in great crosses, combined with the probablity of switching sides during play is something that should create a lot of goals for us this year. With a choice of Gab, Ryan and Clyde in the centre, there's also great skill in moving the ball down the middle.

Up front we've got just as much to be excited about. Danny Curran looks fantastically sharp and scored another great goal today and along with his brother, Matty Reade, Ruggy and Lucky, I can't see us struggling at all to score this season.

I came away feeling very happy with the way our pre-season is going and very much look forward to getting better and better before our opening day trip to Northwood.

offline Guest_MOB Jnr_*

Guest_MOB Jnr_*
  • rank
By far the best team, very unlucky not to score 2 more, there is a new rule, nobody is allowed mention Danny Curran again!!!

Someone is gonna try to nick him!!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
What a great goal by Danny today. As I said the other day almost like having a new signing in the side.

Fanibuyan was class today. What a great goal and from a difficult angle as well. Matt Reade took his goal well and had a positive game in his 30 minutes on the pitch.

Probably should have won by a few more but credit must go to the Tiptree defence and goalkeeper who made it rather difficult for us at times.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
The new boys have fitted in really well and are showing why John Batch wanted them to join us. I don`t think there`s any doubt we will score plenty of goals this season i just hope we cut out the silly mistakes at the back.

If we keep all the attacking players we have at the moment i think watching Canvey this season is going to be very enjoyable.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
It depends on which defensive team Batchy goes for, as far as making mistakes goes.

By that I mean a back four of Wall/Dobbo/Kreyling/Stuart. I think that'd be the best four to keep mistakes to a minimum.

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
With the midfield and attacking talent we have got this year i reckon it will be a 3-5-2 formation.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
Or even 3-4-1-2.

offline Lefty

Lefty
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
i like the idea of the 3-4-1-2 with dan curran in between the midfield and the strikers he holds the ball up well and plays it into the space. I think he could be the difference this season

offline Guest_MOB Jnr_*

Guest_MOB Jnr_*
  • rank
Danny on the wing for me, he gives us width!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
Would keep Francis on the right wing and Bourney on the left although Bourney really needs to work on his crossing.

He got himself into some great positions yesterday during the first half but often his final ball was poor. The fact he was getting into those positions though is great and I'm sure he will work on improving his final ball.

offline Guest_MOB Jnr_*

Guest_MOB Jnr_*
  • rank
Quality football, poor final ball, should try drilling in a few variations!

offline richard sparkes

richard sparkes
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: canvey island, west ham and venables
  • Foes: concord,ricay,sarfend and spuds
  • Fav. Player(s): matt game,alan brett and michael bisping
  • Fav. Sport(s): mma,football
For me to get the best out of danny curran he should be as high up the pitch as possible

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
3-4-1-2 looks a good bet at the moment. Trouble is which two go up front out of Danny, Jay, Lucky, Ruggy and Leon.

I suppose it's between Fanibuyan, Matt Reade and possibly Edgar for the position behind the Strikers.

Francis on the right, Bourne on the left or even Danny Curran if he's not up top. Clyde if he stays and Crow partner one another in the middle. With a back three of Dobbo, Jon Stuart and Kreyling or Bourgeois if he can agree a deal.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Whatever formation is picked i`ve got the feeling that with the competition for places at the moment a couple of regulars from last season may struggle to get in the starting line-up.

offline Canvey Fan 1926

Canvey Fan 1926
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Bad news on the official website.

offline richard sparkes

richard sparkes
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: canvey island, west ham and venables
  • Foes: concord,ricay,sarfend and spuds
  • Fav. Player(s): matt game,alan brett and michael bisping
  • Fav. Sport(s): mma,football
Thats a blow but this year we have much stronger squad with good people who can come in

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
There's nothing wrong with Bourney's crossing in general. However, his corners vs. Tiptree were woeful.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
His crossing was far better tonight though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus