Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3-1 vs. Tiptree

Ribbit

I think there's a lot of goals in our squad this year. From the word go we had crosses flying in and shots coming from all over the place - it was quite exciting to watch. I was a bit concerned when Tiptree took the lead, but it's all about the performance in pre-season matches and as the game wore on we played faster, more intelligent football which culminated in three goals being scored in the second half.

Both Francis and Fannibyan have looked fantastic in our three games so far and the prospect of the two of them along with Bourney and Edgar/Roberts in midfield really makes my mouth water. Having two wingers (Bourney/Francis) able to take the ball past people and put in great crosses, combined with the probablity of switching sides during play is something that should create a lot of goals for us this year. With a choice of Gab, Ryan and Clyde in the centre, there's also great skill in moving the ball down the middle.

Up front we've got just as much to be excited about. Danny Curran looks fantastically sharp and scored another great goal today and along with his brother, Matty Reade, Ruggy and Lucky, I can't see us struggling at all to score this season.

I came away feeling very happy with the way our pre-season is going and very much look forward to getting better and better before our opening day trip to Northwood.

Guest MOB Jnr

By far the best team, very unlucky not to score 2 more, there is a new rule, nobody is allowed mention Danny Curran again!!!

Someone is gonna try to nick him!!

What a great goal by Danny today. As I said the other day almost like having a new signing in the side.

Fanibuyan was class today. What a great goal and from a difficult angle as well. Matt Reade took his goal well and had a positive game in his 30 minutes on the pitch.

Probably should have won by a few more but credit must go to the Tiptree defence and goalkeeper who made it rather difficult for us at times.

The new boys have fitted in really well and are showing why John Batch wanted them to join us. I don`t think there`s any doubt we will score plenty of goals this season i just hope we cut out the silly mistakes at the back.

If we keep all the attacking players we have at the moment i think watching Canvey this season is going to be very enjoyable.

Would keep Francis on the right wing and Bourney on the left although Bourney really needs to work on his crossing.

He got himself into some great positions yesterday during the first half but often his final ball was poor. The fact he was getting into those positions though is great and I'm sure he will work on improving his final ball.

3-4-1-2 looks a good bet at the moment. Trouble is which two go up front out of Danny, Jay, Lucky, Ruggy and Leon.

I suppose it's between Fanibuyan, Matt Reade and possibly Edgar for the position behind the Strikers.

Francis on the right, Bourne on the left or even Danny Curran if he's not up top. Clyde if he stays and Crow partner one another in the middle. With a back three of Dobbo, Jon Stuart and Kreyling or Bourgeois if he can agree a deal.

His crossing was far better tonight though.