Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island 2 - 0 Met Police

YELLOW

Good performance tonight against a team from the same level of the pyramid.

Good goals from Leon Gordon and Gabriel Fanibuyan as well as an excellent attacking performance and a strong display in defence with Dave Kreyling and Daryl Bourgeois in particular outstanding.

Gab took his goal superbly showing great strength and pace.

Thought Chris Bourne looked good when he came on and good performances from Ryan and Clydie once again.

Some of our attacking football is a joy to watch at the moment. We won't lack for goals next season just have to hope we can keep them out at the other end!!!!

Good workout for the players with plenty to be pleased about.

I thought we started really fast and totally over ran Met Police for the first 10/15mins and should have gone ahead earlier than we did, good move for Leon`s goal and pleased to see him score after the hard work he put in Saturday.

Once Met Police got themselves into the game we defended well and restricted them to a couple of half-chances. Bourgeois looks a very assured defender who is also comfortable on the ball, hopefully we can keep him.

Fanibuyan showed great power when bursting through for his goal and i like his defending from set-pieces, he must be very pleased with his start with us.

Edgar and Roberts looked good with Ryan looking like he`s getting back to the form he had last pre-season.

No doubt that there will still be some experimenting with the team in the next few friendlies but i think we can see a very exciting team starting to take shape.

Nice to see Clydie coming back and playing really well after his trial at Wimbledon didn't work out.

In the second half he moved from centre midfield out to the right wing and beat his man every time. Definitely gives us plenty of options.

i think that going forward we will do very well and create chances, however my concern is that colin wall, kreyling and ricky wiseman are not upto it. with the players canvey could attract the defence is poor.

mel capelton when fit should be playing as his talking, positioning is top notch and has plenty of experience.

Gabriel was best player in ryman 1 north last season and started this season as he finished. great athlete.

Bourney is a good player as long as his crosses dont keep going over the sea wall.

Originally Posted By: gulls
i think that going forward we will do very well and create chances, however my concern is that colin wall, kreyling and ricky wiseman are not upto it. with the players canvey could attract the defence is poor.

mel capelton when fit should be playing as his talking, positioning is top notch and has plenty of experience.

Gabriel was best player in ryman 1 north last season and started this season as he finished. great athlete.

Bourney is a good player as long as his crosses dont keep going over the sea wall.

Pretty much agree, although would reserve judgement on Colin Wall for now.
Wiseman will one day be a great keeper, but naturally lacks experience, if we are to achieve promotion, we need someone with maturity between the sticks.
Bourne needs to work on his crossing, although his pace is a good quality to have, he needs to be more effective with the final ball.

Wouldn't agree regarding Dave Kreyling. Yes he lacks pace but his positional play is very good. Was outstanding at times last season.

I think our first back three/four is solid enough. I'm actually starting to have more faith in Ricky, which has certainly developed a hell of a lot since this time last year. I've even got faith in our squad defenders (I'm a big fan of Westy and Blewer), despite hearing a lot of slagging off from others on the terrace.

I've got massive belief in this team, but I know we are prone to mistakes at the back (Westy vs. Tiptree, for example), but on the whole, if we're one of those teams that always concedes goals (dangerous), but more often than not wins, I'm happy. I don't think we can be blistering going forward and completely solid at the back - we can't have it all.

Oh, and I'm a firm believer that Davey K should be our captain.

Mr Wiseman was a little too good at darts tonight for my liking!!! grin

I think Canvey have always played like that. We kept very few clean sheets under Kingy in the days when we were thrashing teams in the Ryman Premier. We would win 5-1, 6-1 etc rather than 1-0 and this was where we came unstuck in the seasons where the likes of Aldershot and Gravesend had pretty solid defences that kept us out.