Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A shared cup

There would have been more people there if there if more posters were displayed around the borough to publicise the game!

It was disappointing to see that the game has not even had a mention in the Non-League Paper. The paper should have carried an in-depth report on the fixture which would have provided excellent publicity for both clubs, Supporters Direct and BBC London's new Non League radio programme.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
There would have been more people there if there if more posters were displayed around the borough to publicise the game!

It was disappointing to see that the game has not even had a mention in the Non-League Paper. The paper should have carried an in-depth report on the fixture which would have provided excellent publicity for both clubs, Supporters Direct and BBC London's new Non League radio programme.

I don't think posters or the non-league newspaper is enough. We need to get into the local pubs and sell to the men and into the local schools to the children. It is an excellent product for the money just need to persuade people that they can watch a local game and stagger home (and still not have mortgaged the house for the season ticket for the bigger clubs and their overpaid superstar player)s.

The lack of a report has, of course absolutely nothing to do with the editor of the NLP's new rival sitting on the forum wink

Originally Posted By: Father Jack

The lack of a report has, of course absolutely nothing to do with the editor of the NLP's new rival sitting on the forum wink

I don't think that should have anything to do it with it. There was not even the result from the game, pretty poor show i think.

Now if we had been FC United or AFC Wimbledon.....................

crazy2

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
confused2

confused2 confused2 confused2

confused2 gotcha1

Rabbits! I luv 'em. Shoot the furry little b4stards! Skin the furry little b4stards! Stick the now not so furry little b4stards in a casserole! YUM YUM LOVERLEY!!! evil

I don't think that should have anything to do it with it. There was not even the result from the game, pretty poor show i think.

crazy2

If memory serves me correctley AFC Don & FC Uni contested in the last 2 matches and both times got a full page report on the games....maybe they missed the print deadline and we'll have a 2 page spread next week....still a letter of a moan is currently on its way to NLP's editor lets see if that will get a mention???

Why bother with it? Just give the new one a try!

Originally Posted By: Stone Cold

crazy2

If memory serves me correctley AFC Don & FC Uni contested in the last 2 matches and both times got a full page report on the games....maybe they missed the print deadline and we'll have a 2 page spread next week....still a letter of a moan is currently on its way to NLP's editor lets see if that will get a mention???

That's what I meant in my earlier posting.

funny

I have to agree with Donkey. Although the flyers/posters are a good idea, it doesn't mean to say that we will increase our gate just because they have been displayed.

There needs to be a concerted effort to go out and get people to come to our games not just expect them to attend. What we then do with them once they are at the ground is another matter.

I think you only have to look around the ground on a match day to see whether there are any 'new' faces, old or young, and to realise that many of the supporters have been coming for a while, ever since our ESL days.

Just where are the new people and are they interesed in watching non league football. We may think they are, but we may be wrong.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
I have to agree with Donkey. Although the flyers/posters are a good idea, it doesn't mean to say that we will increase our gate just because they have been displayed.

There needs to be a concerted effort to go out and get people to come to our games not just expect them to attend. What we then do with them once they are at the ground is another matter.

I think you only have to look around the ground on a match day to see whether there are any 'new' faces, old or young, and to realise that many of the supporters have been coming for a while, ever since our ESL days.

Just where are the new people and are they interesed in watching non league football. We may think they are, but we may be wrong.

I think we need to concentrate in promoting ETFC in the local schools. If we can get the youngsters to come along by promoting free entry for them when accompanied by paying adult.

It seems to me it is always kids that want to spend their parents money.

giggle