Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-August 17 )

• Photo
    behindthegoal

• Photo
    theabbeyabbott

• Photo
    gerk

• Photo
    mafa1978

• Photo
    fatman

• Photo
    lower league

Photo

The rubbish coming off the pitch......

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
16 replies to this topic

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Isn't it about time that the grass cuttings coming off the excellent pitch at Brimmo are collected in some form of recycling skip rather than thrown away?

People keep banging on about saving the planet and the need to recycle almost everything so can we not take a lead on this subject by asking the Council for a skip so that we can keep all the cuttings and compost them down? Could be viewed as a good public relations exercise! Doing our bit for the environment!Maybe the club could even make some money out of the scheme by selling the compost!

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Isn't it about time that the grass cuttings coming off the excellent pitch at Brimmo are collected in some form of recycling skip rather than thrown away?

People keep banging on about saving the planet and the need to recycle almost everything so can we not take a lead on this subject by asking the Council for a skip so that we can keep all the cuttings and compost them down? Could be viewed as a good public relations exercise! Doing our bit for the environment!Maybe the club could even make some money out of the scheme by selling the compost!

We could easily put a Compost Bin inside the compound, job done. I think you can still get them from the Council.

happy

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
I think you need to put other stuff in it as well as the grass for it to compost down well.

cheerleader

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Would it not be classed as commercial waste? If so, I think the local authority charge extra. If it can be done then a great idea though.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
I would be surprised if grass was classed as commercial waste.

Mind you, all someone needs to do is contact the appropriate person at the Council to check it out.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
ETFC is a commercial organisation and, as such, its waste disposal is dealt with in the same way as all other businesses in the borough. I have been complaining to Welwyn Hatfield Council about the lack of recycling of business waste. They collect paper from domestic properties but not from businesses. I now bring all my waste paper home from my office and recycle it in Enfield! OOPS....please don;t tell the Council!!!

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
ETFC is a commercial organisation and, as such, its waste disposal is dealt with in the same way as all other businesses in the borough. I have been complaining to Welwyn Hatfield Council about the lack of recycling of business waste. They collect paper from domestic properties but not from businesses. I now bring all my waste paper home from my office and recycle it in Enfield! OOPS....please don;t tell the Council!!!

I know exactly what you mean, what difference does it make if the paper/cardboard comes from a Commercial or Private Dwelling. Mr Safety Officer has exactly the same problem, he always has loads of cardboard boxes to get rid of.

confused2

offline Bigun

Bigun
  • Trainee
Its an excellent idea for composting the grass cuttings - the only real requirement is that it is insulated (to hold the heat and aid the composting process), so it must be positioned in a southerly direction.
We don't really need a skip; a pallet enclosure would be enough.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Some of the houses I go to they make a lot of money out of grass.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
and some people say I talk a load of old rubbish!

offline andyetfc

andyetfc

Wasn't thinking of disposing of the green rubbish through Council means and having to pay for it to be collected. Just collecting and composting it. Could then use it to grow some nice flowers around the pitch! smile

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Steph
Some of the houses I go to they make a lot of money out of grass.

I hope you tell a nice policeman then!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Wasn't thinking of disposing of the green rubbish through Council means and having to pay for it to be collected. Just collecting and composting it. Could then use it to grow some nice flowers around the pitch! smile

doh

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
Was infomed last night by Eric Allan who works alongside Ronnie & Frank on the Pitch and around the ground that the Grass Cuttings are already composted down, mixed with a special mix of sand and then put back on the pitch to repair any holes that may appear, so its already sorted.

applause

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Well, thank goodness for that. Shall we close this thread off then?

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
Well, thank goodness for that. Shall we close this thread off then?

Yeah, thought it was a load of rubbish anyway!!!

giggle

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Better go and get back all the old cuttings that have been thrown away then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus