Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The rubbish coming off the pitch......

andyetfc

Isn't it about time that the grass cuttings coming off the excellent pitch at Brimmo are collected in some form of recycling skip rather than thrown away?

People keep banging on about saving the planet and the need to recycle almost everything so can we not take a lead on this subject by asking the Council for a skip so that we can keep all the cuttings and compost them down? Could be viewed as a good public relations exercise! Doing our bit for the environment!Maybe the club could even make some money out of the scheme by selling the compost!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Isn't it about time that the grass cuttings coming off the excellent pitch at Brimmo are collected in some form of recycling skip rather than thrown away?

People keep banging on about saving the planet and the need to recycle almost everything so can we not take a lead on this subject by asking the Council for a skip so that we can keep all the cuttings and compost them down? Could be viewed as a good public relations exercise! Doing our bit for the environment!Maybe the club could even make some money out of the scheme by selling the compost!

We could easily put a Compost Bin inside the compound, job done. I think you can still get them from the Council.

happy

ETFC is a commercial organisation and, as such, its waste disposal is dealt with in the same way as all other businesses in the borough. I have been complaining to Welwyn Hatfield Council about the lack of recycling of business waste. They collect paper from domestic properties but not from businesses. I now bring all my waste paper home from my office and recycle it in Enfield! OOPS....please don;t tell the Council!!!

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
ETFC is a commercial organisation and, as such, its waste disposal is dealt with in the same way as all other businesses in the borough. I have been complaining to Welwyn Hatfield Council about the lack of recycling of business waste. They collect paper from domestic properties but not from businesses. I now bring all my waste paper home from my office and recycle it in Enfield! OOPS....please don;t tell the Council!!!

I know exactly what you mean, what difference does it make if the paper/cardboard comes from a Commercial or Private Dwelling. Mr Safety Officer has exactly the same problem, he always has loads of cardboard boxes to get rid of.

confused2

Its an excellent idea for composting the grass cuttings - the only real requirement is that it is insulated (to hold the heat and aid the composting process), so it must be positioned in a southerly direction.

We don't really need a skip; a pallet enclosure would be enough.

Wasn't thinking of disposing of the green rubbish through Council means and having to pay for it to be collected. Just collecting and composting it. Could then use it to grow some nice flowers around the pitch! smile

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Wasn't thinking of disposing of the green rubbish through Council means and having to pay for it to be collected. Just collecting and composting it. Could then use it to grow some nice flowers around the pitch! smile

doh

Was infomed last night by Eric Allan who works alongside Ronnie & Frank on the Pitch and around the ground that the Grass Cuttings are already composted down, mixed with a special mix of sand and then put back on the pitch to repair any holes that may appear, so its already sorted.

applause