Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promoting our club

Bigun

Is it possible to put a stand up in Enfield Town some weekends (maybe the concrete bit outside HSBC) to promote our club; I for one would be prepared to help out.

If there is anything else going on that requires some help (not too physical unfortunately), just ask - (I may regret saying that!) whistle

Apart from the Town Show, I don't know of any other promotion we do - can anyone enlighten me?

Regards

Mark

The reason i started watching Enfield Fc as a 13 year old was simply down to the fact that a small fixture card was posted through my door a week before the season started.I decided to try out the first game of the season.Home to Nuneaton,we won 1-0 (steve King).I then went to see us play Barnet away,we lost 2-3,but i was hooked ever since.

Like a fair few on here i started to watch enfield fc when i was 8 years old as southbury stadium was just over the road and after seeing a few games i was hooked and went to majority of home games from then on. One of the reasons i went back was because of all the singing and cheering. At this time there was also many flyers around the town in many shops like pearsons & briggs.

Why not do a special promotion for the kids under 16 like 'free entry' to a game possibly Aveley on Sat 13th October.

If it is promoted right i.e through many local schools in enfield and around brimsdown, through youth football clubs then i'm sure we can see a response, and maybe they'll bring an adult with them.

Once there its up to the fans to create a great atmosphere for them to join in with and intice them into comming back and also for the team to put on a great performance. IT NEEDS A WHOLE TEAM EFFORT.

If we could get in 50 - 100 kids on this day for free then hopefully we could then get some of them back and on a regular basis, thus increasing gate receipts and attendances.

With the ever increasing ticket prices to watch a premiership team kids need somewhere to watch football and a reasonable price.

I have been into a few pubs in the area and seen the flyers in there but we need to promote to all ages at all available outlets.

I agree that the atmosphere,singing and feeling part of a big group behind the goals,was a significant reason i became hooked.As such, i still believe a covered stand behind both goals would attract more support.That coupled with better promtion of the club through simple things such as flyers/fixture cards/posters/flags in shop windows...etc.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
...attract more support. That coupled with better promotion of the club through simple things such as flyers/fixture cards/posters/flags in shop windows...etc.

Last season I produced ten versions of the fixture posters running from the August to the Play-off semi final that were displayed in businesses around Enfield Town and along the Hertford Road. Single-handedly, I managed to get an average of 60 posters every time the posters were updated last season. I plan to do the same again this season so please don’t hesitate to send me a PM if you would like to be added to the distribution list for 2007/08. If you prefer, just pick up the latest poster that will be available from the Club Shop or download a copy from the website.

If every Towner who drives a car or company vehicle put an Enfield Town car sticker in their window, this would be a simple and highly effective way of increasing the awareness of the club.