Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

MFM a link especially for you!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
32 replies to this topic

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI

MFM spotted with a close friend.

PS..The red jacket really suits you MFM

http://www.jibjab.com/view/136420

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
Typical of them yanks to forget what they are protesting about eh mate ,all raving nutters the lot of them, Oh yes just to let you know I'll be in downing street tomorrow protesting about world poverty and the greedy rich states putting the screws on the third world states , And then over the christmas holiday I shall be on duty at the shelter amd crisis at christmas programmes doing something to help the needy . So while your stuffing your north & south at your dinner table perhaps you could spare a thought to those that have never seen a christmas dinner or the ones who dont know what christmas is . But I doubt you will as your sort dont have a conscience eh mate.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Does a lot of work for charity,but doesn't like too talk about, mate!

I hear China currently has reserves of 40 billion US Dollors.Is now the worlds worst CO2 polluter on the planet, and is the biggest trader and donator to both the regimes of Zimbabwe and Sudan.Regimes that are responsable for the deaths of millions of their own innocent people.

Are you ,or will you ever, protest about China??

Oh,of course you won't.They are not powerful, white and middleclass.(The real subject of your hatered).Unless you protest about Mugabe,Daffour and China with the same venom as you do against the regimes of English speaking countries,you only make yourself look bigotted and self serving,rather than truelly having a conscience.

Anyway,have a really lovely christmas.Congratulations for helping others on Christmas day.Oh and by the way,ask someone to buy you the Bill Bryson book 'The complete history of nearly everything' for christmas.The first two chapters on space, distance, and time, will totally blow away any belief in Aliens ever being able to visit earth.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
"I hear China currently has reserves of 40 billion US Dollors.Is now the world worst CO2 polluter on the planet,"

Now be fair LS. It may be worst CO2 polluter on the planet but that is because the west wants its cheap manufactured goods. In other words the west exports its pollution.

I am also doubtful that it is the worst polluter and when you make statements like that I would appreciate your source.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
http://www.guardian....19/china.usnews

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Nice one LS. However, be careful, we must not upset our Chinese player good old Steve V. grin

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
You said China, "is now the worst CO2 polluter on the planet"

I dont agree. Surely a measure of pollution must be amount of CO2 produced per head. In which case the USA is definitely the worse polluter on the planet in accordance with the article that you sourced.

"Per head of population, China's pollution remains relatively low - about a quarter of that in the US and half that of the UK."

I feel sure that, in the interests of fair journalistic comment, you will now withdraw your statement.

offline Greg_Dyke

Greg_Dyke
  • Youth Team Coach
China has an appalling record on many many things....

Although the US sets itself up as "guardian of the free world", and it's own house is not in order...China can not (at this moment), be deemed in anyway decent in environmental, or in human rights terms

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Steph.You must be on a wind-up??Surely?? Even MFM wouldn't try have the brass neck to try that one.

I said the country CHINA was the worlds worst CO2 polluter.IT IS.Why should i withdraw that completly true statement? doah

If you want to bring in per head of population then that becomes a totally different arguement.An arguement neither mentioned or implied by myself.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
If the USA, UK and the rest of the west reduced their pollution levels per head to that of China we would not have to worry about global warming.

Surely you have to agree that borders are merely man made lines on a map and it is pollution per head that is a more accurate guide. To state that China is the worst CO2 polluter is worse than Jon Sonw saying the Palestinian rockets were pathetic. China is not the worst polluter by a long chalk.

offline JAX

JAX
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Enfield FC
  • Foes: Anyone who plays us.
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Early morning mist surely grin

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: Steph
If the USA, UK and the rest of the west reduced their pollution levels per head to that of China we would not have to worry about global warming.

Surely you have to agree that borders are merely man made lines on a map and it is pollution per head that is a more accurate guide. To state that China is the worst CO2 polluter is worse than Jon Sonw saying the Palestinian rockets were pathetic. China is not the worst polluter by a long chalk.

CHINA as a country IS the worst polluter Steph.Accept it.Its a fact!And it will stretch ahead of its nearest rivals by another 10% every year.Half of all development in the WHOLE world will be happen in China over the next two decades.Excluding them from any enviromental responsability and committments just because they are not a white western country is to put it frankly,loony in the extreme.We in Britain can recycle,build thousands of wind farms,BAN travel and it won't even make the slightest reduction in global warming.Not when we turn a blind eye to China building a new fossil fuel power station every month (with the likes of Pakistan not far behind that figure).
Its not joined up thinking in only demanding Western (and preferably English speaking) countries participate in trying to reduce carbon emmisions,and then hope non Western up and coming superpowers follow in line 30 years or so down the line.It could be too late by then.don't let your hatred of powerful ,capitalist Western culture (and you natural affinity with the foreign underdog) cloud the reality of this problem

Anyway Steph,hope you and your family have a great christmas and maybe we should continue this sort of chat in a new political thread in The Pub or general section parts of the forum,rather than infringe on what really should be football related forums .

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
oh we dont mind you two L S . Its quite interesting and I always like to see steph on the backfoot once in a while .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus