Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last Nights Game

KATEG

We can't defend to save our lives. Conceding 4 goals in 17 minutes is extremely disturbing.

Originally Posted By: ken
wasnt batchy supposed to have his eye on a couple of quick tall defenders?

Well he had one but we couldn`t afford to keep him.

Our defence is ok when we can get them all fit and playing as a unit but it wouldn`t do any harm to strengthen it IF funds are available.

One thing that worried me about last night's game - Dave Kreyling came on at half-time and by full-time he looked absolutely shattered. Is he carrying an injury or just not fit yet?

Could see Wall and West weren't really fazed by their attackers though, just sticking out a leg or foot here or there to see if they can stop them by half a yard or so.

Colin was immense against Palace, I just think some players couldn't be bothered to get out of second gear last night.

It did worry me a little that some players seemed to switch off after we went 3-1 up.

Their second goal was a superb strike. Goodness knows how far out he hit that but Mel had no chance and we seemed to lose the plot after that.

Hope for something better tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Angelo
missed the game.
who was playing?

Starting Line-Up:

Mel Capleton
Daniel Francis
George Blewer
Colin Wall
Andrew West
Stuart Batch
Matt Reade
Ryan Edgar
Nick Reynolds
Michael Daily
Steve Corbell

Bourne, Roberts, Kreyling and Lucky came on as Subs.

We definately started with a squad side, rather than our first team. There's probably only Edgar and Francis amongst that lot who will start most games and Reade who will be in the squad (though I know nothing of Daily and had only heard the name Reynolds before).

Having said that, I don't know what happened in the second half, but our defence was just dire. Really woeful. To be fair, Croydon played well and the lad who got the hattrick played fantastically, scoring a couple of wonder-goals. If we defend that badly, we deserve to lose like that.

It's a shame, because I think our first choice back three/four (Wall/Stuart/Dobbo/Kreyling) are strong, but the squad players are somewhat lacking. Whether we bring in a player to play first team football, or one who will be starting on the bench, I don't particularly think it matters, as long as they slot in well.

If we don't get someone new in, the key is to keep the first choice defence fit and help the squad players focus. Yeah, now I've said it, it all seems so easy...