Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harlow Town FC 2 Enfield Town FC 0

Hasler, Campbell, Tickner, Allen, Dickie, Stephens, Velandia, Hall, Edmunds, Hammatt, Foster. Subs various.

Hasell, Akers, Taylor, Chapman, Miles, Kirby, Lalite, Davis, Bunn, Fowler, Williams, Subs various

Gate 205.

Both teams began positively in the heat with Bryan Hammatt shooting wide. Paul Campbell was brought down in the box. Penalty - Rudi Hall stepped up and hit a rocket which was saved well by James Hasell. In the process of making the save James Hasell dislocated his finger. Steve Velandia had a shot saved. At the other end Charlie Hasler saved. Town were playing some lovely passing football with only the finish missing. Steve Velandia had a shot saved; James Hasell goes off and is replaced by a Michael Denolou? Harlow appeared worried about their reserve keeper so what did town do? Go deeper and let Harlow dictate the game plan. At the back Kevin Stephens tackled back good and cleanly. Bryan Hammatt had a one on one with the new keeper to make a one handed stop. A Steve Velandia shot was gathered well. At the other end Charlie Hasler saved well and again. Dean Williams hit a cracking shot across the goal for no Harlow players to connect with. Rudi Hall and Jordan Fowler were both booked for a handbags event. Steve Velandia had another shot saved. So some good play in the first half but not decisive finishes from town.

Second half Harlow town came out to win. Town stayed in the dressing room mentally. On 51 minutes Leon Lalite launched a shot to the top corner 1 – 0. Nice goal - difficult to keep out. Charlie Hasler saved again. Stephens, Campbell and Edmunds off Jones, ? and Crace on. Hasler saved well in a diving save to at full stretch to palm the ball round his post. Velandia off and Lyon on? Jonah booked for what looked like a two footed tackle. A town defensive mistake gifted Harlow another goal 2 – 0. Ricci Crace had a half shot saved. Suddenly from not being in the game at this point ETFC discovered the wings and started getting ball to the strikers. Jamie Nay crossing for Ricci Crace to miss an open goal. Oh to wish he was fit and he would not have missed that sitter.

So it is never really a friendly with Harlow Town.

Some town fans were not happy with the performance today and voiced their disapproval. For my part I felt having spanked Harlow Town twice last season they wanted this more than we did and we still looked unfit. JC in my view should not have been experimenting as much as he still was in this the last preseason game. Too many changes and if he can read anything into what he saw performance wise I'm delighted for him but it wasn't much for the fans to cheer on again! The season starts next week lads and be assured if you don't start playing how we all know you can the fans will let you know it.

Jesus! What a poor pre-season.We decide to keep the most settled squad we've ever had,in order to ensure a running start to the league campaign, and then spend every friendly arseing about with different formations and loads of below-par trialists.

As i said before,with everyone fit, none of the new players will

make the starting 11 for the first league game.I doubt more than 2 will make the bench.For me, its been a wasted pre season.Lets hope the players got some fitness out of the games,because we've learned little else.

Have we worked out if its going to be 4 or 5 at the back,or will it change weekly again?Have we found our two first choice full backs,or will they be changed around every game?

Lets hope Crace plays some part next saturday.

I would personally go for:

John

Nay, Allen, Tickner, Bastian

Campbell, Hall, Velendia, Jones

Hammett, Crace

Subs: Stephens,Gant(Kofi),Nyman,Foster,Edmunds

But as Jones is suspended,i think Jim may be justified in going for wing-backs ,until, he returns.But as we are overloaded with defenders,i've a feel that five at the back will be around for some time.

Cant add anything to that LS, in my view a perfect summary.

When the pre season fixtures were released I voiced my dismay of it being the same old fixtures, firstly the opponents need to get you interested in the first place for what is usually a chance to view your new signings, but fecking 30 players? Whats that all about?

I didnt bother today as I just could not get any enthusiasm for it which is a bit worrying considering the season starts next Saturday, I will be at Witham, with hope the season starts better than pre season has gone.

Can anyone please explain to me where the dangerous 'two footed lunges' have come from which were witnessed yesterday? There were two instances yesterday when ETFC players should have been sent off and probably would have done had there been a stronger referee.

We were very lucky to still have eleven players on the pitch at the end and I am sure that we still don't know what our best team is.

Also, why did Jones come on if he is suspended for the next three league games? What purpose did that serve? I would have thought it would have been better to have used players who are available!

This is not just my personal opinion because other supporters were just as much in the dark as I was. Believe me, this was difficult on a sunny day!

Let's hope things change in the very near future.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
If you know one of your players is suspended for the next 3 games,then it would be foolish to leave him out of the final game he can play in for almost a month,but Jim should have had a complete half with the 11 that he intends to start with against Witham.

Are you therefore saying that Jones should be guaranteed a place when he comes back after his suspension? Things will change by the time he is available because we may have a winning side and it will not need changing.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
If he may not get straight back into the side,even more reason to play him and keep his fitness levels up before he is suspended.

I don't realy think that by playing him for approx' 35 minutes in yesterday's game would be enough to keep his fitness level up prior to his suspension. No doubt it will be the extra training whilst he's off that will make the difference.

i thought we played ok. some bad challenges though,we are not going to make many friends this season at this rate. a terrible pen from rudi. and some poor marking for their second goal. i though charlie hasler played quite well. tickner was excellent and committed as usual. improvement needed before saturday.