Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matt Reade

ronin

News from the offical site that he has left us to join Wingate & Finchley so he can get regular football.

Shame because i thought he looked sharp in pre-season and if he continued like that would have got himself into the team anyway. Looks like we will be facing Reade,Jay and Johnson when we play Wingate & Finchley.

Shame that. Matt was looking very sharp in pre season and bagging himself a few goals.

Didn't think he always used his height to his advantage but always did well when called upon. Couldn't really see him getting into our midfield though.

Shame to lose him. Really nice bloke. Hope he does well at Wingate.

Matt was a really nice bloke and I hope he does well. However, unlike Ribbit I just couldn't see where his place in the starting XI was? He would have been an excellent squad player to have, but I didn't think he was better than the other midfielders or strikers.

Despite Matt being quite a decent player, in my opinion there was always someone better in all the positions he could play.

As for playing behind the front two, Fanibuyan has to take that spot for me.

I don't know about drop, Glen, but as far as effectiveness goes, I'd rather have Matt in that position than Leon or Clyde at the moment.

I would have liked to start with -

Wiseman

Wall/Kreyling/Dobbo

Francis/Edgar/Fannibuyan/Bourne

Reade

Rugg/D. Curran

Now, I'd probably shift either Edgar or Fannibuyan behind the front two and have Clyde or Leon sit in centre-mid. That's just my 'ideal' line-up and doesn't take into account injuries.

Think you need somebody a little bit more defensive minded if you are going to play 3 in midfield.

I would play Edgar and Fanibuyan in midfield with either Clydie, Crow or Dobbo when fit playing defensive midfield.