Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

E's 4-1 Basildon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
20 replies to this topic

offline EFCMICK

EFCMICK
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
A bit of a breeze in the 2nd half .Not too sure on any of the penalties they all looked a bit iffy to me. The last one was funny I think the lino gave it .

offline Hookey

Hookey
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: Bowers & Pitsea FC and West Ham Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Manuel Lanzini
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
How many pens were there? I also heard Bas Utd only had 11/12 players!!

offline JAX

JAX
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Enfield FC
  • Foes: Anyone who plays us.
Two for us and one for them ,They did only have two subs

offline Hookey

Hookey
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
2 subs, that's shocking.

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Enfield's goals 1st Dean Thomas penalty, 2nd Adilson Lopes header, 3rd Dean Thomas penalty, 4th Jack Coomes shot from outside the box, keeper could not hold it and it crept over the line.
Well done Es' today, score line could have been more , but for the Basildon keeper, he had a fine game.

offline Ponders Ender

Ponders Ender
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Agree with you there Mr Horn Basildons keeper was very good saved three certs in the first half, their little No2 also caught the eye .

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Enfield 4-1 Basildon

A shot by Jack Coomes in the opening moments almost caught Dan Higley off his line but the ball just cleared the crossbar. It was Dan Higley again saving brilliantly this time one handed at full stretch from Neil Hughes. A very timely clearence from John Higley kept out Deniz Mehmet's dangerous ball into the six yard box . A shot by Adilson Lopes was inches wide on 13 mins. Dan Higley came to Basildons rescue again this time keeping out Dean Thomas's acute drive . Dean Thomas again with a chance but this time Higley was well behind the ball. First chance for Basildon as Hastings Banda lets fly from range but it just cleared Richard Haywards crossbar .A ball across Basildons six yard box looked to be a tap in for Deniz Mehmet but a Basildon boot hoofed it clear. Then on 22 mins an alledged push on James Dwyer by Jack Coomes on the edge of the box gave Basildon a penalty,Referee Mr Cortermain seemed to be in no doubt. James Dwyer calmly strokes it home to put Basildon ahead. Neil Hughes was next to test Dan Higley but again he saved well. Dave Bound's corner was met by Adilson Lopes's head but again the ball was scrambled away. Bradley Connor was booked for taking down Dave Bound ,From Dave Bound's freekick Graeme Butler heads over the top. At the other end James Dwyer glances Hastings Banda's punt forward over E's bar ,Chris Green did well to head out Hastings Banda's dangerous cross . H/T

2nd half .(E's sub Lee Benmore replaces Carl Robinson) Dan Higley yet again does brilliantly to keep out Lee Benmore's whipped in cross . Lee Benmore crosses for Adilson Lopes but Sean Harnwell somehow managed to block it. Lee Benmore shoots wide and then Dan Higley saves again one handed from Lee Benmore . Jack Coomes shot is then deflected wide, But on 58 mins another contentious penalty as Adilson Lopes was adjudged to have been fouled by Sean Harnwell .Dean Thomas slammed it home 1-1 It was all Enfield Now as more pressure was heaped on Basildons goal and on 67 mins Lee Benmore's freekick met Adilson Lopes's head and the ball cannoned in off the post 2-1 E's . Dave Bound's shot was well saved by Higley on 69 mins ,Neil Hughes was a whisker wide on 71 mins (Basildon sub Scott Morton on for Sean Harnwell 73mins) A chance for Basildon but Richard Hayward was well behind Simon Blatchford's effort. Jack Coomes heads over Lee Benmore's corner . A moment to forget for Dean Thomas as brilliant work by Deniz Mehmet found him with an open goal but he missed his kick and the chance went begging. It was Neil Hughes who earned E's another penalty on 79 mins as he went down from a challenge from Kristian Down ,Mr Cortermain gave it after a signal from the assistant . Dean Thomas thumped it home 3-1 E's. Moments later Dean Thomas volleys against Dan Higley's post . (E's subs Dean Thomas & Neil Hughes replaced by Nas Richardson & Sherwin Stanley 81mins) On 86 mins It was 4-1 as Jack Coomes let fly with a daisycutter from 30 yards , Dan Higley appeared to have it covered but the ball slipped through his grasp and rolled over the line .Last action saw Sherwin Stanley's cross find Jack Coomes but his header went wide .

E's 1 Richard Hayward 2 Mark Whittington 3 Graeme Butler 4 Chris Green 5 Jack Coomes 6 Carl Robinson 7 Deniz Mehmet 8 Adilson Lopes 9 Neil Hughes 10 Dean Thomas 11 Dave Bound .subs 12 Nas Richardson 14 Sherwin Stanley 15 Lee Benmore 16 Mike Patrick 17 Craig Walker

Basildon 1 Dan Higley 2 Hastings Banda 3 Steve Rigione 4 John Higley 5 Tom Ketland 6 Kevin Ayres 7 Adam Leslie 8 Sean Harnwell 9 James Dwyer 10 Bradley Connor 11 Simon Blatchford .subs 12 Sam Hallybourne 14 Scott Morton 15,16,& 17 N/A

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Att: 81.

I see crowd for Mauritius Sports v Beaumont Athletic was 3. (three).

offline Hookey

Hookey
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Yep, I've even created a thread on that very fact on the ESL forum...

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Crowds of 3!Teams turning up with only two subs!It seems the ESL has gone downhill a bit in the last few seasons.No wonder the FA want to merge the county leagues in order to improve the quality of competition.Which is to take nothing away from E1893 ,who can only beat whats put in front of them.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Att: 81.

I see crowd for Mauritius Sports v Beaumont Athletic was 3. (three).
I thought the Mauritians (also known locally as Martians) have a large community in south london . Somebody should tell them that they now have a football team.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I think most ethnic groups have large communities in London.Getting any of them to pay to watch a football match,is a different matter altogether.

offline coach et 64

coach et 64
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Great Wakering Rovers, Tottenham, Lazio, Italy, Southend
  • Foes: Arsenal,Roma.
  • Fav. Player(s): honest and loyal ones
  • Fav. Sport(s): tennis table
Crowds of 3!Teams turning up with only two subs!It seems the ESL has gone downhill a bit in the last few seasons.No wonder the FA want to merge the county leagues in order to improve the quality of competition.Which is to take nothing away from E1893 ,who can only beat whats put in front of them.

wait for it matey..play all the ESL sides and then make your judgement..Barking did the same mistake last year.. whistle

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I've no doubt that the ESL contains 4 or 5 good sides.One or two of which will give 1893 a good run for the title.I'm saying that there arn't enought teams of good enough quality to form a competative league of 17.Thats why merging the stronger ESL teams with the best teams in another county (Kent for instance) would provide a much more competative league.

offline coach et 64

coach et 64
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Great Wakering Rovers, Tottenham, Lazio, Italy, Southend
  • Foes: Arsenal,Roma.
  • Fav. Player(s): honest and loyal ones
  • Fav. Sport(s): tennis table
I've no doubt that the ESL contains 4 or 5 good sides.One or two of which will give 1893 a good run for the title.I'm saying that there arn't enought teams of good enough quality to form a competative league of 17.Thats why merging the stronger ESL teams with the best teams in another county (Kent for instance) would provide a much more competative league.

true and there is no need to merge with the kent league.just give Caesar what belongs to Caesar...i mean the six Essex sides that play in the ridgeons league.simple innit? smile

offline urchinboy2

urchinboy2
  • First XI - Permanent
someone explain to me, who the feck are mauritius sports?

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
A newly formed club ,I believe they play at Aveley .

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I think they are Captained and Managed by the ladies-man himself, Tony Mercer. bow

offline BBFC11

BBFC11
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Arsenal, Crawley Town
  • Fav. Player(s): Frendo, Neilson, Tubbs
Good Win lads, Top of the League. gotta stay there now.

offline Hookey

Hookey
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
No sign of Oz Stroud in Saturday's squad. Has he left the club?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus