Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

Photo

Ricay continue clearout (anyone being paid)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
48 replies to this topic

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Chris Moore has moved from Ricay to Hornchurch
Strange goings on at the ricay where Chris was having one of his better seasons
Plus I believe Hornchurch also grabbed hold of Jamie Southern from Purfleet
Both very experienced worthwhile premier players

Stop Press also Vinnie John to Hornchurch

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
hornchurch are going 'large' for promotion this season..
i think they will make it in second place.. they have a massive game at northwood this weekend.. word on the street is v.john from stortford is going there as well..
as for riccay.. well 3 games ago they could have been up with us .. i guess what with blunts wall not being conf standard and having enough point/fans to justify a place in conf south, if it goes through, they are saving their cash for next season..
or maybe its the move to basildon thats affecting their on pitch decisions for the remainder of this season.. blunts wall will make a lovely housing estate with 4 to 7 bed executive houses and maybe a golf course,,,, ooopppss i hate it when i say what i am thinking... of course it will make a lovely training ground.......

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
plus the more they fall apart .. the more chance we have of getting 4 to 6 points of em... chances are if we had played em at the start of the season they would have turned us over

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Very soon the points will equal the turnstyle numbers
Sad?

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
very.. local rivalary is great.. sure each team has its time in the ascendancy, but it would be brilliant to see both canvey and riccay challenging for a place in the conf

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
I do agree Canv but fail to see where the Basildon move has impacted on their this years accounts
They should be so well established that this typical season is financially sound unless they have gone overboard on the cost of their management team
Surely the two directors do not draw cash?
By the way does anyone know who owns the club

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
no idea who owns it/them.... mind you i dont know why we care, 99 per cent of em would be only to happy to see the gulls in the proverbial.. we are just to caring and sharing for our own good...;-)

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
True very true
I understand that one of the Graham brothers will be at Cambridge City by Saturday, Makes one wonder just how bad the accounts have been miss?-managed this term

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
i reckon its a property blag and they will and up groundsharing with wickford dynamos whilst waiting for the never to appear basildon development.. but then again i am a cynical basta.....

offline Ryan.c

Ryan.c
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
No, your just a basta.....

offline c'mon ricay

c'mon ricay
  • First XI - Sub
baso has made an impact on the accounts as attendces are done a few hundred

the management team are over paid as calder is supposedly on £550 a week why he is sh*t achieved nought in 4 years

also paul fewings is off to chesham n richard grham is goign to cambridge city

i totally expected the club to wind down after the avely deafet with the conf south in prospect

also a couple of directors have left recently they may have been bankrolling the club

i personally would be so sad to see canvey fuc*ed up as i enjoy the derby games

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It is not like they have not been warned anyone who knows anything knows there is big problems asociated with the move and if you ask me serves them right if they tried to move Canvey off the Island there would be a blood bath I hope! I for one would be screaming. The whole point of a local team is its local.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
I think Mobrien has it in one. Just imagine if there were a rumour that Ray Cross had the opportunity to build luxury homes on Park Lane and, at the same time, was suggesting that it would be in the best long-term interests of the club to move to a new stadium at Pitsea. It's not that far and the facilities would be superb (Ray would tell us). But how would we react? Especially if we then heard that Jeff Minton, Lee Boylan and Steve Ward were all leaving the club after some behind the scenes shenanigans with Jeff.

I have a feeling that suddenly Concord would receive a massive injection of support, albeit fans with yellow scarves.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I recently spotted a website saying we were applying for planning permission for 6,000 seats at Waterside is this right

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
last i heard it was to be up near safeways where the old storeage tanks used to be.. that should piss off the all the boys who use that for ripping it up on their dirtbikes.. ..
either way CIFC can be anywhere on the island as the island, by its very definition, has clearly defined boundarys..
billericays current ground is pretty much on the edge of town as it is and in theory could be as far away as crays hill or up near stock and still be billercay.. but putting it south of the 127 makes it basildon. it could be closer for a lot of the fans (tho i doubt it) but its 'in basildon'.. that will not, in my opinion, work unless they win the league and rip up the conf as well. (success hides a multitude of sins) that is the gamble... other wise just merge with basildon, tap their potentially large fanbase and get crowds of aldershot proportions.. that is feasible but you would have to have the name basildon featuring, say BASILDON & billericay?.. maybe that is the plan?

offline Andy the Marsh Rat

Andy the Marsh Rat
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Err,Basildon & Billericay my a**e,we had it right all along BASILRICAY(United,Wanderers,Athletic or F.C.?)

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Strong rumour among the players that the contract players at Basilricay did not get paid this week??

offline c'mon ricay

c'mon ricay
  • First XI - Sub
it will be basildon town i feel

imposed by the council at some point

at their typical standards the will see it as v. nice to be allowing billericay to keep the town in the name and by their standards thats a huge conncession to the people of billericay as we never ussually get anything out of them other than high taxes

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Calder at our reserves 8-0 win and Jeff at their last home game??
Could be interesting

offline Ryan.c

Ryan.c
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Quote:
I recently spotted a website saying we were applying for planning permission for 6,000 seats at Waterside is this right

Suppose it's OK for Canvey to build a new stadium on park land then? Hypocrite and NIMBY spring to mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus