Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 15-December 17 )

• Photo
    bronzed_aussie

• Photo
    canvey_92

• Photo
    NowhereMan

• Photo
    SteveC

Photo

Where was the football?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
36 replies to this topic

offline It's Me

It's Me
  • Reserves
Where did Potters Bar get off calling it a football match, they very clearly never had any of the skill or craft that Canvey had and spent the whole match pushing, pulling, kicking and generally trying to intimidate the ref and Canvey players.

This time last year teams like this and Tilbury would have came and wandered off with a point or three, the only time they looked even remotly capable of playing was when we lost concentration for about 15 minutes in the second half. They inimidated the ref and tried to bully us. It worked on the ref who was very poor, it did not on us, work why? I think Batchys men are in possesion of a bit more savy and guile this year, they are learning. We are not so easily intimidated and at times gave as good as we got.

Very well deserved result, excellent goals, even though at times we did not play brilliantly.

At times Bourney was screaming for the ball and we forgot to look up.

Not our best performance but the result reflected the difference in class.

Nice entertaining evening.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Haven't been able to post for a while so here goes.....

As you say I was disappointed in Potters Bar - last season I felt they were a good solid side. What I witnessed tonight was a complete contrast - they are gonna worry a lot of teams this season but not because of their footballing ability!

Canvey also seemed to have matured and as said they handled the kicking, pushing and ref baiting well. Early days but the squad looked a little stronger than last season but still think there is a lot more to come.

I thought the ref handled the game well initially - but during the second half I think even he satrted to lose the plot a little bit with all that was going on.

As I've not posted for a while I also just wanted to say that the pitch looked good, the new website looks a lot better and so does the squad - looks like a good season ahead.

I know I shouldn't put a bock on it but "we are top of the league!" - thought I'd get it in whilst we can grin

offline sudburyroyal

sudburyroyal
  • Reserves
We had that for the whole 2nd half at Maldon, trouble is ,it worked! I have never seen a team take such a battering and win! Never mind, well done Canvey, good win tonight.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
both teams were quite naughty in places, but we were by far the better side, top of the table, 5 goals for 0 against, roll on saturday

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Ken, will you be putting the highlights of this game up on the 'Net anytime soon? I wanna see Lucky's goal again... and again...

offline cantos

cantos
  • Long Service Award
A good 3-1 win for Brentwood tonight as well.

The league looks likely to be a tough one this year with Canvey,Enfield Town,Maldon,Sudbury and maybe Edgware fighting it out at the end.

offline It's Me

It's Me
  • Reserves
It looks like Ricky has been potty trained, the only clean sheets in the league.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
they will be going on, i have to wait 48 hours after the game with the new Ryman TV rules, but hopefully by the end of the week they will be on (assuming my POS computer doesnt screw up)

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
watched the goal again, it is pretty special

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: ken
they will be going on, i have to wait 48 hours after the game with the new Ryman TV rules, but hopefully by the end of the week they will be on (assuming my POS computer doesnt screw up)

Is Ryman TV up and running? I heard the deal has yet to be finalized.

Looking forward to seeing the goal again.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
dont think it is up yet, but I assume the club has signed the contract. not really sure whats happening with it

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
I thought that when you said you wouldn`t show the goals until 48hrs after the match that the club had advised you to do so.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Lucky's goal was quite brilliant. Left me quite speechless!!!

Although Lucky got man of the match I though Leon was excellent tonight. Great headed goal from a superb Crow free kick to set us up and running and then a fantastic run and pass for Jay Curran to score.

A mention to Andrew West who I thought had an excellent game. Bourney did well also.

Already looking forward to Saturday.

Good crowd of 319 tonight as well.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
i have been told that is the rules of the new TV deal. not worth risking it, plus im lazy and will take me that long to edit it (i cant do it at work anymore)

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Lucky's goal was quite brilliant. Left me quite speechless!!!

Although Lucky got man of the match I though Leon was excellent tonight.

Good crowd of 319 tonight as well.

Got to agree, while Lucky`s goal was outstanding Leon deserved motm for his performance last night. After all his injury and fitness problems last season Leon in his current form is like signing a new player, long may it continue applause

I thought last nights attendance was very good, better than 6 of the games in the Premier division, lets hope for more on Saturday.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I think we could have had at least two more goals (in the second half), over a very il-disciplined side. Good attendance, great atmosphere and thoroughly entertaining.

offline CIFC JACKO

CIFC JACKO
  • Reserves
a good win last night, lets hope this continues, i thought westy played very well last night and is improving every game i see him play

offline wayno

wayno
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Well done, great result and top of the league as well.

It must be catching grin

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Great result for Cambridge last night as well. Wish I had put a tenner on you now to win the league.

offline Guest_MOB Jnr_*

Guest_MOB Jnr_*
  • rank
Try this bet

League winners.

CHELMSFORD
TOTTENHAM
CANVEY ISLAND
CAMBRIDGE

£10 EW ACC
£1 EW YANKEE

=£42