Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where was the football?

It's Me

Where did Potters Bar get off calling it a football match, they very clearly never had any of the skill or craft that Canvey had and spent the whole match pushing, pulling, kicking and generally trying to intimidate the ref and Canvey players.

This time last year teams like this and Tilbury would have came and wandered off with a point or three, the only time they looked even remotly capable of playing was when we lost concentration for about 15 minutes in the second half. They inimidated the ref and tried to bully us. It worked on the ref who was very poor, it did not on us, work why? I think Batchys men are in possesion of a bit more savy and guile this year, they are learning. We are not so easily intimidated and at times gave as good as we got.

Very well deserved result, excellent goals, even though at times we did not play brilliantly.

At times Bourney was screaming for the ball and we forgot to look up.

Not our best performance but the result reflected the difference in class.

Nice entertaining evening.

Haven't been able to post for a while so here goes.....

As you say I was disappointed in Potters Bar - last season I felt they were a good solid side. What I witnessed tonight was a complete contrast - they are gonna worry a lot of teams this season but not because of their footballing ability!

Canvey also seemed to have matured and as said they handled the kicking, pushing and ref baiting well. Early days but the squad looked a little stronger than last season but still think there is a lot more to come.

I thought the ref handled the game well initially - but during the second half I think even he satrted to lose the plot a little bit with all that was going on.

As I've not posted for a while I also just wanted to say that the pitch looked good, the new website looks a lot better and so does the squad - looks like a good season ahead.

I know I shouldn't put a bock on it but "we are top of the league!" - thought I'd get it in whilst we can grin

Originally Posted By: ken
they will be going on, i have to wait 48 hours after the game with the new Ryman TV rules, but hopefully by the end of the week they will be on (assuming my POS computer doesnt screw up)

Is Ryman TV up and running? I heard the deal has yet to be finalized.

Looking forward to seeing the goal again.

Lucky's goal was quite brilliant. Left me quite speechless!!!

Although Lucky got man of the match I though Leon was excellent tonight. Great headed goal from a superb Crow free kick to set us up and running and then a fantastic run and pass for Jay Curran to score.

A mention to Andrew West who I thought had an excellent game. Bourney did well also.

Already looking forward to Saturday.

Good crowd of 319 tonight as well.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Lucky's goal was quite brilliant. Left me quite speechless!!!

Although Lucky got man of the match I though Leon was excellent tonight.

Good crowd of 319 tonight as well.

Got to agree, while Lucky`s goal was outstanding Leon deserved motm for his performance last night. After all his injury and fitness problems last season Leon in his current form is like signing a new player, long may it continue applause

I thought last nights attendance was very good, better than 6 of the games in the Premier division, lets hope for more on Saturday.

Great result for Cambridge last night as well. Wish I had put a tenner on you now to win the league.