Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where was the football?

It's Me

Tottenham will need a better keeper than Robinson if they are to get anywhere this season!!!

Some good photos there. My dad seemed to have enjoyed Jay Curran's goal!!!!

Originally Posted By: It's Me
Where did Potters Bar get off calling it a football match, they very clearly never had any of the skill or craft that Canvey had and spent the whole match pushing, pulling, kicking and generally trying to intimidate the ref and Canvey players.

This time last year teams like this and Tilbury would have came and wandered off with a point or three, the only time they looked even remotly capable of playing was when we lost concentration for about 15 minutes in the second half. They inimidated the ref and tried to bully us. It worked on the ref who was very poor, it did not on us, work why? I think Batchys men are in possesion of a bit more savy and guile this year, they are learning. We are not so easily intimidated and at times gave as good as we got.

Very well deserved result, excellent goals, even though at times we did not play brilliantly.

At times Bourney was screaming for the ball and we forgot to look up.

Not our best performance but the result reflected the difference in class.

Nice entertaining evening.

Reason is that they bhave hardly any players left from last season - manager and half the team went to Chesham and they now have Steve Browne - former manager of Hemel/Boreham Wood/Dover and a few other clubs
Brought with him about eight of our side last season including palyer/assistant manager Victor Renner - very good player but by god does he like a moan and whinge at everyone especially the ref
Like to feel we played alot fairer than Potters bar did on Tuesday by the sounds of things
Great result for you and I dont think waltham Forest fans were too upset to see Potters Bar lose either

Yep noticed there was quite a few ex Waltham Forest players in their team.

Potters Bar's number 11 Leon Osei was at Wingate & Finchley last season. Decent player with good pace. Looked Potters Bar's best player on Tuesday night. He was about the only one who showed any real quality. Unfortunately his team mates were too busy kicking lumps out of us to really exploit his quality.

Steve Browne was also Aveley manager whilst Craig Edwards was there last season.

I've only counted 5 and three of those were ours!!! (Wall, Clydie and Leon)

I'm sure there was more but at times it was farcical out there.

I don't see why not. I'll have to keep more of an eye on what the referee is doing rather than giving him abuse!!!