Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor show by Town....

OldTowner

What a poor show at the Town game last night.

No, not by the Team, but at the lack of hot food.

Most supporters do not have time to get home from work and cook a meal before evening games and it would be nice to be able to have something hot at the ground.

The Jets Bar do great job with tea, coffee, crisps and the renowned bread pudding, but that is not a "meal".

I am not talking about Stewards doing more work or supporters running a kitchen ( although that is what most Clubs do ) but an independant Burger Van type suplier.

This does not have to be profit making for the Club, but just a simple "customer service" available if supporters wish.

There MUST be a Burger Van in North London interested in making a couple of bob !

Question.

What other ground are we Town Supporters likely to go to during the season where there is NO HOT FOOD available ?

Surely this should be high on the Committee agenda ?

Trouble was with us that when the Brimmo kitchens were closed we got in a van but food from that van was not allowed in the bar. I remember one guy shouting at a couple of youngsters to get out with their burger/chips!

Yer, good shout, but in the meantime ?

And then there is another job for "supporters to do" rather than watch the game.

At many Clubs the people doing the food do not seem interested in watching the game ( Ladies normally - not a sexist comment )but we need to find someone ( or three ).

For now - sort out a Van and try to negotiate if it is worth it.

Like I said - where will we go this season and there not be hot food available ?

It's a poor show.

The thing is,Hot food is normally a good money maker for most clubs.In fact,i know several clubs who make nearly as much money on food,

which clubs are these?? lets asume 7quid to get in and assume half of the crowd get food. therefore they are spending 14quid on food. I didnt realise there were that many clubs that had Michelin starred burger vans.

We've all been at many games ,where even though only 100 poeple are in the ground,there is always a que of at least 10-20 people at the burger bar.

And lets not forget that at some clubs only half of the crowd actual pay £7 to get in,the rest are helpers,players,boardmembers..etc, who get in for nothing.Those people still buy food.

ok so a crowd of 100 , half of which pay, = 50 x£7 = £350.

a queue of 20 people at a burger bar wud need to spend £17.50 each. or are u suggesting that there is a queue of 20 people throughout the whole game? if so assume it takes 1 minute to serve 1 person. = 90 people served in 1 game. so 9 out of 10 people have food? oh really???

have another go.

Or if all 100 people bought something they would only have to spend 3.50 each. An average of 3.50 must be approaching a realistic figure for an average.

Coincidentally after attending a friendly between Brighouse Town and Doncaster Rovers the other week (1-1 if you're interested)(still 1-1 even if you're not) I remarked that one (of many) sign of a mickey mouse club is the lack of hot food at games.

Quote:
so assume it takes 1 minute to serve 1 person. = 90 people served in 1 game. so 9 out of 10 people have food? oh really???

Try cooking burger and chips and serve them at one meal per minute.You've obviously been to different grounds to the rest of us.

I know persanally that a certain local club ,who's crowds average about 100 people,sell at every game approx 30 Burgers/hotdogs.40 cones of chips.40 teas/coffees.20 cakes..etc.Presuming a percentage of the food buyers are helpers,players,boardmembers,then the profit is very good
considering the crowd size.

PS.. I said some clubs make nearly as much as through the gate.Not AS much.Saying that,i went to watch an Eton Manor game last season(not featuring Town by the way),and there was approx 50 people there.I persoanlly saw at least 20 of those buy food.Checking the official paying attendence on the Mitoo ESL page the next day,and it was 10 (Ten).So in that case,at that game they probably did make more on food than through paying spectators.

Originally Posted By: powlesy
an average of 3.50 wud be approaching a realistic figure for an average as you say. assuming all 100 people bought food - which isnt realistic....

That's what 'an average' means. It does not assume that that all 100 people bought food. You divide the total expenditure on food by the number of people at the game to obtain the average....... and that is why I say it is realistic. Many people will spend more than 3.50.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
What a poor show at the Town game last night.

No, not by the Team, but at the lack of hot food.

Most supporters do not have time to get home from work and cook a meal before evening games and it would be nice to be able to have something hot at the ground.
The Jets Bar do great job with tea, coffee, crisps and the renowned bread pudding, but that is not a "meal".
I am not talking about Stewards doing more work or supporters running a kitchen ( although that is what most Clubs do ) but an independant Burger Van type suplier.
This does not have to be profit making for the Club, but just a simple "customer service" available if supporters wish.
There MUST be a Burger Van in North London interested in making a couple of bob !

Question.
What other ground are we Town Supporters likely to go to during the season where there is NO HOT FOOD available ?

Surely this should be high on the Committee agenda ?

I think that this is "In Hand" as we "Fundraising Committee" are raising funds now to purchase a Burger Bar. Normally you would be able to get some Hot Food from the Brimmo Kitchen, but that is out of action at the moment as it is being decorated.

I think our problem at Goldsdown Road is a bit different from other clubs who "own" their ground. We are only "tennants" at the moment. Maybe IF & WHEN the Lease thingy goes through, things may be a bit different. If we had our own Kitchen I would Love it, it would certainly make my life a hell of a lot easier. For now I am afraid we will have to do the best we can.

WHEN we do get our own Burger Bar, we will need help in running it, any offer then?

By the way it is not that easy to get someone from "outside" to bring a Burger Van in.

cheeseburger

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Try cooking burger and chips and serve them at one meal per minute.You've obviously been to different grounds to the rest of us.

I remember Saffron Walden in our first season - it was more like one meal per 15 minutes! The poor old souls were in a right tiswas.

Southend Manor that season had it streamlined down to about 12 minutes....

Tilbury still owe me two portions of chips, I gave up waiting. (I got my burgers though).

Oh, and totally off topic, Brighouse Town have their first game of the season tonight, at home to Halifax Irish. 6.15 ko if any of you can make it........ cup of tea/coffee, crisps, Mars bars and the like, even a can of lager, but no hot food I'm afraid. But then it is Step 12.....

The big downside is the home strip of orange shirts, black shorts. Reminds me of someone, but I can't think who.

Sorry, I digress, back to the burger bar...

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Thanks S.L.
First sensible response to a serious posting.

If we can make a profit all well and good, but Customers should be given the option to buy hot FOOD ( Ref Mr Happy ) particularly at evening games.

Let's hope something gets sorted soon.

If we can manage to get our own Burger Bar (The Town Fryer) up and running we will be able to earn an awful lot of money for ETFC.

I think Arky has some Scratch Cards supporters can purchase at 50p a go, the profits of which I believe are going towards the Burger Bar Fund. If any one else wants to steer some money towards the good cause, either by Sponsorship or any other money making scheme then please let me know. You all know where I am on Home Matchdays. "In me Boardroom"

cheeseburger

PS: Our Safety Officer gets me & Jess to Brimmo by 5.30pm for midweek games,(thats after he's been there earlier in the day) he never gets any dinner before he goes, by the time we get home its well gone 11.00pm and its too late for him to eat then. Poor old thing, he'll waste away!!!!

heart3