Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

1-2 Waltham Abbey

Ribbit

Personally I like Bourney. Something that doesn't always gets said is the amount of tracking back he does. He works damn hard to get back and help out his defence.

OK his crossing isn't the greatest at the moment but remember when Ryan Giggs was a great winger but couldn't cross a ball to save his life? In time his crossing improved and I'm sure Bourney's will.

Guest MOB Jnr
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Personally I like Bourney. Something that doesn't always gets said is the amount of tracking back he does. He works damn hard to get back and help out his defence.

OK his crossing isn't the greatest at the moment but remember when Ryan Giggs was a great winger but couldn't cross a ball to save his life? In time his crossing improved and I'm sure Bourney's will.

Bloody hell!! We agree!!

Bourneys crosses are better than Giggs except they lack variation.

:-)

Lets clear up a couple of issues first:

[*]Our man was sent off for head butts which as the ref was shown at half time (on video) never actually made contact

[*]Their players went down in the manner as seen (too often) on TV I.E. like big tarts

Did he merit being sent off? certainly he offered the actors a chance and they took it.

First goal our GK problem and the second was lack of know'how, having just scored ourselves when the intelligent footballer plays safe for the next 5 minutes we had both full backs bombing forward together and the early ball back into our back two could not be handled.

Best football played by us and we threw three points.

Abbey a fair side who can consider they have just celebrated an extra birthday with a gift of three points

it doesn,t matter if he made contact or not the intent was there,at least the ref allowed the players to get on with the game ,not like tuesdays .

ricky has got to learn to calm down and stop trying to be flash and do the simlple things i.e. clear the ball upfield straight away,another day we will win games like this

Any team that would kick, shove, pull and fein injury to intimidate the Referee or otherwise, rather than play football are thugs in my opinion. From what I can remember Arlesey were like it last season and both Potter's Bar and WAbbey have been like it this season.

We are where we are and we have to learn to live with that type of behaviour, I agree with PA Bird.

That was one of those performances where supporters shrug their shoulders say "Oh well bring on Tilbury".

I just hope thos three points do not cost us some silver.

At this level you get more teams that will play a more physical and robust game to prevent the better footballing sides from playing. As you go up the levels the standard improves and more teams will try and play a more attractive game rather than attempting the rougher approach.

We shouldn't moan about this and just get on with it and let our football do the talking.

Football is a game of views and opinions and im just commenting on what i am seeing.

After today's defeat to Tilbury my view on the GK situation has not changed, we have dropped points again due to a GK howler.

What are the odds that Mel is brought in for the FA Cup game next week? I reckon its odds on to happen, would you like £50 on that MOB Jnr?

I am Canvey throuh and through and i support every player that pulls on a CIFC shirt but that dosen't mean i can't air my views..

Im not doubting Ricky has good ability but unfotunatly his mistakes are costing us points.. I just feel we need a maturer head between the sticks who can boss the 18 yard box and keep the defence nice and organised. Saying that we desperatly need Dobbo and Jon Stuart back to tighten things up.

Mistakes happen all over the pitch but unfortunatly when its a goalkeeping mistake it normally leads to a goal

Originally Posted By: Mini-Goose93
thing is, in a season chasing for promotion we have no room for mistakes especially is they are happening reguly.

It would be a mistake for Batchy to drop Rick, two out of four why should Batchy panic and drop a quality player.

50% clean sheets.

I think Ricky needs a few extra training sessions with Mel. Mel needs to take him aside and work on his concentration and make sure he gets rid of doing the flash stuff. If in doubt, play it safe.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
I think Ricky needs a few extra training sessions with Mel. Mel needs to take him aside and work on his concentration and make sure he gets rid of doing the flash stuff. If in doubt, play it safe.

Would agree with you there Yellow.

I can rant about the Ref and the other team, but what it adds up to is that we conceded 3 silly goals. If we are to realise our ambitions this season we must sort our defence out. The 3rd goal was unbelievable, in my opinion the Tilbury guy was offside, but come on, you play to the whistle!
Still early days......

i hope we find form quick

i hope bacth gets the message across to the boys that this aint good enough. we are better than this. i dont think we have any excuses this time. poor start last season but we had a time of what were at the time inexperiacned players but now we have a strong solid squad and we are still failing to deliver.

I've seen on a couple of occasions that there is a Coach ususally standing behind the opposition Goalkeeper. I would assume it's the Goalkeeping Coach as they're always supporting and advising when and where he should move to and how to prepare for a freekick, align the wall etc.

I know Mel is our sub Goalie as well, but does he have to stay in the technical area, if he's named on the team-sheet?

The thing that annoys me is that we're still making the same mistakes we made last season. You would think that we might have learnt something but we haven't.