Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Doc Martens League superior to Ryman?

Iron Knob, you are so right. Tiverton it was.<p>God we were **** that day it makes me shudder.<p>Ah well, looks like, with the Bromley result and I'm not holding my breath for a good result on Saturday, Billericay are trying to aspire to 8th or 7th position again in the league....<p>God I'm so low today....<p>Someone cheer me up, before I do something radical and support Canvey!!!

The key to a good fan base at Ryman level is the cost of watching Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, even the O's. If you can provide a decent surrounding for your fans, nice Clubhouse, good atmosphere....website...it all works to improve the numbers turning up. Of course events on the pitch play no small part either!

Back on the theme of the original thread, I see that in this weekend's trophy games - Ryman sides generally beat their DML opponents (with the exception of Croydon of course smile.gif" border="0

4-0 against Weymouth, Hereford at home next. Spurs just did Bolton, guess what??

smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 <p>I am happy. Merry Christmas, see you at Villa Park!!<p>Now, if that isn't setting yourself up for a fall, Hey Gazza and Iron Knob, I accept cash or cheque, you can send to me post dated if you like grin.gif" border="0

Not wanting to follow the trend, we managed to lose to Eastbourne Borough after 210 minutes of being generally outplayed.<p>So, the Dr Martens league (and the southern division of it at that) is better than we are but only last week we were better than Peterborough but for a dodgy linesman. If we're better than a Nationwide division 2 team and Eastbourne are better than us then surely they would get on ok in the Premiership. Or am I just going mad.<p>Oh well, now all these silly cup competitions are out of the way we're sure to begin our surge up the league table. Madness apparently confirmed.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bald Eagle:

<strong>So, the Dr Martens league (and the southern division of it at that) is better than we are but only last week we were better than Peterborough but for a dodgy linesman. If we're better than a Nationwide division 2 team and Eastbourne are better than us then surely they would get on ok in the Premiership. Or am I just going mad.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>No - you are not going mad - we beat Wigan, who beat Stoke 6-1, now Croydon beat us, so that should mean that Croydon will thrash Stoke about 10-0!<p>On second thoughts, yes you are going mad grin.gif" border="0