Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

poor goalkeeping and defending against tilbury!

gulls

please tell me that we are going to sign new defenders and goalkeeper as it was poor today. if we want promotion we cant concede 3 goals against tilbury.

ricky may think so himself but he is not upto playing n the ryman league yet. sorry ricky but been honest.

why cant we sign tilbury centre half paul king ( i think) as he was solid and won everything and kept luck and rugg quiet.

Noticed he scores a few as well.

a very poor result against a very poor side. although Ricky has made a couple of howlers already this season, i still think he has an important part to play in the team. he just needs some competition for his place. glen was never going to be played in a month of Sundays (i still have no idea why as he was certainly good enough), and now Mel seems to be there more as a coach than anything else. no one should have a garenteed place in the side, it can never be a good thing.

i personaly find the 3rd goal to be more worrying, the defence stopped dead and waited for a linesman who had given us nothing all day to notice the player offside (i couldnt see if he was or not from where i was standing

also the abuse the yellow army gave the oposition today completely backfired. it seemed to spur the oposition on much more than it helped our side. i also think the ref would have been more inclined to give the obvious penalty if he wasnt being abused every 5 seconds (hell i am probably one of the worst for that). we should start chearing our team on rather than slagging the other team down (even if they did diserve it the useless ba$tards)

Originally Posted By: ken

also the abuse the yellow army gave the oposition today completely backfired. it seemed to spur the oposition on much more than it helped our side. i also think the ref would have been more inclined to give the obvious penalty if he wasnt being abused every 5 seconds (hell i am probably one of the worst for that). we should start chearing our team on rather than slagging the other team down (even if they did diserve it the useless ba$tards)

I know this sounds contradictory because I'm the worst for doing that but we can't really argue if Tilbury players turn round and give us the' big one' after the abuse we've given them all game. If we were in the same position as those players I'm sure we would have done the same.

Sometimes passion gets the better of you but maybe we should start channeling that into supporting the team rather than slagging the opposition/referee off.

As for the game, defence is woeful at times although Westy had another good game.

Bad mistake by Ricky. Not sure what else I can say really.

Thought Fanibuyan played well today and Lucky bagged himself another goal but this was a game we should have got at least a point from especially when their 7 got sent off.
Can't believe we lost especially after scoring two goals!!!

I only hope we don't have to go back to Tilbury for a while!!!!

i was quite apalled by the language used from our fans. Chanting wan*er wan*er to there skipper and centre half was poor sportsmanship, he didnt deserve that and it reflects bad on us as a club, just cause he was the best player on the park.

they have beat us on the last 3 meetings!

colin wall is useless! ricky wiseman uselss! ricky is to busy strutting his stuff than concentrating on his game!

Match report from the Thurrock Gazzette can be found here

Originally Posted By: gulls
i was quite apalled by the language used from our fans. Chanting wan*er wan*er to there skipper and centre half was poor sportsmanship, he didnt deserve that and it reflects bad on us as a club, just cause he was the best player on the park.

The Yellow Army, myself included, get behind the team on a regular basis. We stand and sing for our players and give them support. We also have a decent banter at the oppostion.

If you are surprised at this reaction from this vocal football fans then I suggest you don't watch much football.

Everybody who stands and sings is easily identifyable, and any comments we make can be directly attributed to us. However, to sit behind a screen name and slag our own players off and then criticise us for having a go at the opposition is ridiculous.

Your posts on this forum have always been mainly negative, so your latest comments really don't surprise me.

To be honest, when a team is openly time wasting 20 minutes into a match of course people are going to get on their backs. Their captain, former Canvey player Paul King, was giving us plenty of banter back as well, so I fail to see where the harm was?

End of the day they won and threw it back in our faces, fair enough, that's just the way it goes. To be honest I would have been disappointed if they had done anything else but remind us that they'd won. Some of the sweetest moments supporting Canvey have been when we've been up against it and sneeked a result.

I just find it odd how "gulls" has at one stage had a go at us for shouting at their players, but next decides to call some of OURS useless. Okay, the mistakes that were made on the pitch were costly and obvious for everybody to see, but if I were a player I'd much rather be called a w*nker than be called useless.

my name is john selby and have started coming this season and im just honest and say what i see.The truth hurts at times.

with regards to the great escape comment... im all for banter and keeping the family atmosphere but calling players wan*er repeatedly is over the top. not to mention it backfired on us!!!

as a sportsmen myself i dont agree with shouting abuse at players when they are injured and recieving treatment. one of the tilbury players clashed heads and i heard get up you wan*er, is that banter?.

im afraid great escape your still living in past successes and hate the truth!!!

thing is gulls your going to come to games where people shout things out that they do sometimes come to regret.

we played poor and we were never leading the game and sometimes people do get caught in the moment.

and when they are constantly time wasting and sometimes going down it makes it seem more thrustrating when the players with serious injuries go down.

what im trying to say is its not worth raising the subject when people shout things out because it happens in most football matches all over the place

i agree im just a little gutted that we have lost last 2 matches. I apologise 4 calling players useless that was wrong. it sld be constructive if going to criticise.

lets hope we turn it around, on a more positive note cant we try and get paul king to play at canvey? he will do fantastic, agree?

apologies to great escape.

when did he play at canvey?

paul King joined us in our 1st season in the ryman prem after being released by southend as a youngster,his brother also played for our reserves in goal

Fair enough, I think we're all a bit gutted after the last couple of results.

Players know when they've cocked up, and trust me they'll be feeling pretty bad right now. Useless was harsh, but there's no denying that there were poor performances defensively.

King played for us as a youngster during our first season in the Ryman Premier league, 1999/2000. Last saw him playing against us for Southend Manor a couple of years.

oh ok is his brother brad king? played in goal for tilbury last year against wabbey and broke his jaw. i guessing thats his brother.

do you think paul king wld be a good signing? or maybe we could have KING and CURRAN brothers!

Think Brad King has gone over to Tiptree now.

Personally I think this was a fixture very few Canvey supporters were looking forward to. Tilbury is hardly a great place to go to on a Bank Holiday Monday, they seem to have the Indian sign over us(maybe it's a gypsies curse) and this was a game we desperately wanted to win after the dissapointing performances of last season in those games

Therefore tensions were running high and things get said in the heat of the moment. Today was a very frustrating game. Not good for the ol' blood pressure!!!

The banter was flowing freely between the yellow army the tilbury players and even their manager gave us the wan+ers

sign so it goes both ways. I think there was a lot of frustration showing itself yesterday, i for one couldn't understand how we can dominate a match from the first whistle, concede a goal after 4 mins and the rest is history. Like us i'm sure the players were pis++d off but when i got home i put it in perspective only 4 games gone a whole season ahead and it could be a lot worse just ask the family of the 11year old shot and killed by some scum. Football "it's a funny old game!"