Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor Gavin

Jeff King was on BBC Essex tonight and said that Gav's broken the fibia bone in his leg. Looks like he is out for the season. Real shame as he has been superb lately.

May mean an opportunity for Ross Johnson although Benno had an amazing game at the back, you can't really drop him after that performance. I wonder whether Jeff will be stepping up his efforts to get Phil Whelan now that Southend have released him. He's a good defender but do we really need him?

I asked the guy from BBC Essex to ask Jeff straight out about the Southend defender he said he will. Cant get a signal now so I do not know if he asked him

He didn't but you know what Jeff's like. Just looked at Aldershot's remaining games. After Hampton next Saturday all their remaining games bar two are against teams in the top half. Whilst it is frustrating that Shots have started to put a run together lately, they're only unbeaten in seven, we're unbeaten in 13 and if you look at their five straight victories against Ford, Boreham Wood, Bedford, Heybridge and Harrow, you would expect them to beat these teams with ease. We've come through some tricky away ties against Grays and Braintree and won, Shots didn't!

Be patient Yellow Army! Our time will come!