Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

Photo

Waltham Forest

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
21 replies to this topic

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
A 0-0 draw and a game we could have won and would have deserved to have won.

Lucky missed two early chances, one that struck the post and Danny Curran forced their keeper into a good save in the second half. The closest they came to scoring was a magnificent Mel Capleton save from their number 8. Not sure how he managed to turn the ball over the bar but it was an amazing reaction save.

At least the defence looked alot stronger. Both Jon Stuart and Dave Kreyling were excellent today and another fine game from Westy. 5 goals conceded in 5 league games isn't a bad return but we need to produce more performances like today rather than the shambolics of Waltham Abbey and especially Tilbury.

Less than 100 saw this match with about 60 of them from Canvey. Not sure how Waltham Forest survive on such low crowds.

offline LEWIS JAMES HARKER

LEWIS JAMES HARKER
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Originally Posted By: YELLOW

Less than 100 saw this match with about 60 of them from Canvey. Not sure how Waltham Forest survive on such low crowds.

They up the prices for Canvey and Enfield Town to get in

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
Indeed. I failed to mention that.

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
dunno why.
ground was a sht hole

offline forester

forester
  • Onlooker
Really - I thought living in Canvey you would be used to sh*t - at least we manage to build a ground that is neat and tidy without any of type of money that you had from mister big bucks King and not fogetting that lovely smell of chemicals that is so attractive (pot and kettle springs to mind)

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Where does your investment come from Tree Surgeon? It doesn`t come from the attendance and it doesn`t come from the clubhouse so who is keeping your club afloat.

Is the rumour the Council want to end your lease true?

offline forester

forester
  • Onlooker
Funding comes from the usual sources where a club has no income through the gate - donations from the Committee - modest sponsorship through club contacts (mainly the Chairman) and other bits and pieces - we also have revenue through the social club but otherwise that is it
We do not have a lease with the Council so that rumour is totally untrue

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
And by using policies such as increasing the gate by £1 when you play teams with support I suppose whistle

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: forester
Really - I thought living in Canvey you would be used to sh*t - at least we manage to build a ground that is neat and tidy without any of type of money that you had from mister big bucks King and not fogetting that lovely smell of chemicals that is so attractive (pot and kettle springs to mind)

OH MY GOD!!
YOU HAVE A FAN!!

offline forester

forester
  • Onlooker
Dont be surprised - according to your report on the game there was a crowd of 100 - 60 of whom were away fans - so that leaves 40 of our fans - Maths was never my strongest point but I think I managed to work that out correctly

offline Lefty

Lefty
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
there was more then 60 canvey fans!!!

and there was never 40 home fans 25 at most so in the end your maths isn't really that great

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I wouldn't rely on Dave's reports, he's used to counting sheep, not humans...

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
I wouldn't rely on Dave's reports, he's used to counting sheep, not humans...

laugh At least he watches the games he reports on, eh Tree Surgeon.

Getting back to the game, disappointed not to win after having most of the game but pleased with our overall performance. Defence looked solid and protected Capelton from almost everything but when called upon Capelton looked more than up to the task.

Shame to lose Fanibuyan so early but Edgar played well when he came on, Gordon continued his good form and i was really impressed with his workrate.

Don`t know how to put into words the refs performance, i know that in the Conference both teams had to mark the refs performance out of 10 and if you gave below 5 you had to give a detailed reason why. I think he deserved 2 for turning up on time and for wearing the right kit anything above that would be generous.

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
that ref was awful.
sorry to say it but he was shocking. i think that we deserved more than a point but i think the biggest chance came to waltham forest when capleton saved the day.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Mini-Goose93
that ref was awful.
sorry to say it but he was shocking. i think that we deserved more than a point but i think the biggest chance came to waltham forest when capleton saved the day.

It was a great chance for them but both Curran and Luck should have scored in the 1st half and then we had a shot cleared off the line in the 2nd half.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Ah this was when I thought the crowd was 94. In the NLP the crowd was stated as 101 so by my reckoning we had around 70-75 there.

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
they didnt have as many as 25 surely.
when you say they had aobut 25 we arent including there squad are we?

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Their club secretary was on BBC London tonight. They reckon the gate was around 30% down on what they would have got.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
It was embarrasing to listen to, last season the attendance was 111 this season 101, 10 people less and they blame England playing at 5pm on a Saturday. Their home average was 80 last season so Saturday saw them get 21 above that, pulling stunts like putting the entrance fee up by a £1 isn`t going to entice people in is it.

If we had been in better form i`m sure we would have brought more away fans but Waltham Forest can`t rely on away fans, they have to increase their home fanbase.

I take it that was your email they read out Yellow.

offline forester

forester
  • Onlooker
We have tried over the years - free admission for certain games to entice people to come again - free admission for school kids - we have posted leaflets through doors - all the usual stuffs and it doesn't make any difference
The locals are just not interested - we have to try and make money any other way and viasits like yours are what keeps us going - so the point about 30 down make be small fry to you but it represents a significent fall in income for us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus