Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

so the western world condemns...

the outrages against human rights in burma....

and so they should....nice to see the western alliance joining forces to bring the evil dictatorship in burma to its knees and giving democracy back to a decent hard working race....

pity they couldn't bring themselves to remove mugabwe from his despotic genocidal perch but hello...thats africa....no strategic benefit of an invasion there.....

but burma..ah yes burma....!!

I agree with the Uncle !

Its a disgrace that more pressure has not been put upon Zimbabwe, were it's citizens are starving, and there seems no hope of a change of Mugabe's heart !

More pressure should be being applied by South Africa to affect a change in Zim Zim...one switch and Zimbabwe's Electricity could be shut off from Pretoria !

I agree the actions of the Government/Dictatorships, of these countries are deplorable, International condemnation should be voiced.

What action should be taken aginst these two countries? Sanctions never work, as our good 'friends' the Russians, or Chinese, are only too keen to jump inand supply anything(including Arms) to these countries.

Surely Military intervention will only create another Iraq/Afghanistan!

The United Nations is a toothless old hag that has resolved very little, if anything!

I'm glad I'm not a politician!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Surely Military intervention will only create another Iraq/Afghanistan!

I doubt they're even contemplating military intervention unless it benefits US policy and its economy in some way, shape or form.

Well, to be honest, in most cases I would not like to see the UK invade, attack or take military action against any other nation or regime unless it benefited UK interests in some way. I say in most cases, there will always be exceptions - no doubt someone will cite WW2 as an example.

Assuming that we could, which we can't, but if we could, should 'we' invade Burma or Zimbabwe? China or North Korea? How do we choose who to liberate - most of the Arab states are in some way less than fully democratic, at least to women. Is there more than a hint of hypocrisy here? Are we to be the world's policeman? If we can't or won't, should the US?

I really do not think there is a simple black and white answer to these things.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
My point exactly Invis.......There haven't been any wars in England or America for hundreds of years. All the wars we have been involved in, are because both Governments poke their noses into other countries politics......Rightly or wrongly!

Surely the worse atrocity of the War on Terror, was on US soil !