Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brentwood v Wivenhoe ?

ronin

From the Brentwood website

Tuesday 9th October News Index

Ryman Division One North

BRENTWOOD TOWN A WIVENHOE TOWN A

Unfortunately, tonight's game was abandoned after an incident at half time involving a Wivenhoe player.

Brentwood had led 2-1 with Steve King and Terry Scotchmer (pen) scoring in the first 21 minutes and Danny Finch pulling one back from a free kick just before half time.

And from the Wivenhoe website

09/10/2007 - Brentwood game abandoned at halftime

The match tonigth was abandoned at halftime with Brentwood leading 2-1.

The Club will not be making an official comment pending any potential FA hearing.

This post may explain it...

Brentwood game

EssexDon, today at 00:43:38

User: EssexDon - profile

Views: 10

Brentwood FC, local club, made a good start to the season, thought I'd check them out. Having paid me £7 entrance was disappointed to only get 45 minutes action for it. However what happended at the interval was better entertainment than the football on show.

Brentwood, a big side were out muscling their North Essex opponents by 2-1, courtesy of the generosity of the Brentwood keeper who threw one in just before the break. However, the Wivenhoe keeper, not wanting to be left out threw one himself, only it was a Brentwood player in the tunnel, or if you have been to Brentwood before, in the middle of the stand in full view of anyone watching, and particularly the Match Officials some 10 yards behind. The Keeper was then sent off during the interval, and alledgely took humbridge. So why was the game abandoned you may ask ? Well being nosy and looking down the tunnel when the comotion was going on and it might

have had something to do with hte Asst. Ref.was on the floor (I'm sure he wasn't having 40 winks, may have had something to do with it. Looks like a trip to Soho Square to resolve, but my guess is a big ban, and a big fine is the best Wivenhoe can expect.

Crikey. Doesn't sound too good.

If this post of what happened is true i think it`s the end of his football career at any level in this country.

"Rumour is that he accused someone of spitting at him first half last night, half time whistle goes he grabs sean thomas by the throat , ref tries to pull him away , he punches ref , then punches the lino , then goes after the brentwood team who have barricaded themselves in their dressing room , starts headbutting the door to try and get in there . Result = match abandoned !"

Thinking back to the "banter" he took when he played against us i think the Yellow Army were walking on thin ice eek Must say i find spitting on someone a disgusting thing to do mad

Another view

"I was at the game last night and saw what happened. These are the facts. The Brentwood player did spit at him and when confronted just started laughing at the Gk. The GK did loose his temper but didnt hit the ref.

It seems to me that the GK was well within his rights to go after the player for this, though I have to say that it shouldn't have been during the game!!!

Spitting at somebody is a disgrace and needs to be sorted!! "

Originally Posted By: ronin
If this post of what happened is true i think it`s the end of his football career at any level in this country.

"Rumour is that he accused someone of spitting at him first half last night, half time whistle goes he grabs sean thomas by the throat , ref tries to pull him away , he punches ref , then punches the lino , then goes after the brentwood team who have barricaded themselves in their dressing room , starts headbutting the door to try and get in there . Result = match abandoned !"

Thinking back to the "banter" he took when he played against us i think the Yellow Army were walking on thin ice eek Must say i find spitting on someone a disgusting thing to do mad

It was all pretty good banter with the keeper when we played them this season. Maybe we started this ticking time bomb of fury!

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
5 year ban me thinks.

That would be lenient in my opinion. It's not his football career he should be worrying about if the referee and officials involved decide to press charges against him for assault.