Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-August 17 )

• Photo
    joe12345

• Photo
    Number 10 scores goals

• Photo
    Cannon P.I

• Photo
    Harry Sullivan

Photo

Brentwood v Wivenhoe ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
14 replies to this topic

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
From the Brentwood website

Tuesday 9th October News Index

Ryman Division One North
BRENTWOOD TOWN A WIVENHOE TOWN A
Unfortunately, tonight's game was abandoned after an incident at half time involving a Wivenhoe player.
Brentwood had led 2-1 with Steve King and Terry Scotchmer (pen) scoring in the first 21 minutes and Danny Finch pulling one back from a free kick just before half time.

And from the Wivenhoe website

09/10/2007 - Brentwood game abandoned at halftime
The match tonigth was abandoned at halftime with Brentwood leading 2-1.

The Club will not be making an official comment pending any potential FA hearing.

offline Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch

Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Grays, Billericay, Wealdstone
  • Fav. Player(s): All Hornchurch players
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Winter Sports
doesnt sound to good! shocked

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
This post may explain it...

Brentwood game
EssexDon, today at 00:43:38
User: EssexDon - profile
Views: 10

Brentwood FC, local club, made a good start to the season, thought I'd check them out. Having paid me £7 entrance was disappointed to only get 45 minutes action for it. However what happended at the interval was better entertainment than the football on show.
Brentwood, a big side were out muscling their North Essex opponents by 2-1, courtesy of the generosity of the Brentwood keeper who threw one in just before the break. However, the Wivenhoe keeper, not wanting to be left out threw one himself, only it was a Brentwood player in the tunnel, or if you have been to Brentwood before, in the middle of the stand in full view of anyone watching, and particularly the Match Officials some 10 yards behind. The Keeper was then sent off during the interval, and alledgely took humbridge. So why was the game abandoned you may ask ? Well being nosy and looking down the tunnel when the comotion was going on and it might
have had something to do with hte Asst. Ref.was on the floor (I'm sure he wasn't having 40 winks, may have had something to do with it. Looks like a trip to Soho Square to resolve, but my guess is a big ban, and a big fine is the best Wivenhoe can expect.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Crikey. Doesn't sound too good.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Hmm, a big fine is the last thing Wivenhoe would want I imagine.

Speaking of Brentwood, our Reserves are potentially there tonight depending on th weather.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
If this post of what happened is true i think it`s the end of his football career at any level in this country.

"Rumour is that he accused someone of spitting at him first half last night, half time whistle goes he grabs sean thomas by the throat , ref tries to pull him away , he punches ref , then punches the lino , then goes after the brentwood team who have barricaded themselves in their dressing room , starts headbutting the door to try and get in there . Result = match abandoned !"

Thinking back to the "banter" he took when he played against us i think the Yellow Army were walking on thin ice eek Must say i find spitting on someone a disgusting thing to do mad

offline Kaiser Jnr

Kaiser Jnr
  • Long Service Award
Spitting is absolutely disgusting.

Not too sure if it merits what he did.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Two wrongs certainly don`t make a right in this case, to hit an offical is way out of line and he will certainly pay the price if true.

offline Kaiser Jnr

Kaiser Jnr
  • Long Service Award
5 year ban me thinks.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Another view

"I was at the game last night and saw what happened. These are the facts. The Brentwood player did spit at him and when confronted just started laughing at the Gk. The GK did loose his temper but didnt hit the ref.

It seems to me that the GK was well within his rights to go after the player for this, though I have to say that it shouldn't have been during the game!!!

Spitting at somebody is a disgrace and needs to be sorted!! "

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
Originally Posted By: ronin
If this post of what happened is true i think it`s the end of his football career at any level in this country.

"Rumour is that he accused someone of spitting at him first half last night, half time whistle goes he grabs sean thomas by the throat , ref tries to pull him away , he punches ref , then punches the lino , then goes after the brentwood team who have barricaded themselves in their dressing room , starts headbutting the door to try and get in there . Result = match abandoned !"

Thinking back to the "banter" he took when he played against us i think the Yellow Army were walking on thin ice eek Must say i find spitting on someone a disgusting thing to do mad

It was all pretty good banter with the keeper when we played them this season. Maybe we started this ticking time bomb of fury!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
5 year ban me thinks.

That would be lenient in my opinion. It's not his football career he should be worrying about if the referee and officials involved decide to press charges against him for assault.

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
Wivenhoe have a new keeper rumour has it their old one will be playing on the island after his ban!!!

Not at Park Lane!

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
Alcatraz by the sounds of it!

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
Thames Road