Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3 - 0 to Edgware

Guest MOB Snr

Guest MOB Snr

The score did not reflect the game, two very dubious penalties the first of which Ricky saved brilliantly were followed up by a catalogue of errors by the officials.

This was further compounded by a school boy error from Crowe to gift them a goal and the ball was also headed out of Ricky's hands by one of their players.

The first half was a well matched entertaining performance by both teams, a good first half by players and officials.

As the game progressed the officials performance nose dived, probably as a result of the constant moaning and swearing from the yellow army.

The rain soaked first half was lit up by some fine play and at times superb passing from both teams.

Edgware Town look like a club about to die and their team played like they were taking a last gasp at survival, at times they looked desperate and that desperation showed in a level of determination Canvey lacked, they fought for every ball and pushed, shoved, pulled and sniped their way to win the ball.

They were not the best side but they really wanted it, you could not ever accuse Canvey of not trying but tonight Edgware wanted it most.

There were some fine individual performances, Ricky in the first half showed what a great keeper he will be one day, however Crowes error and the penalties seemed to grind us down.

All that was left was for us to be denied a stonewall penalty ourselves to make it a miserable soaking night.

I sometimes wonder if our constant barracking of the officials does not get their backs up and increases the likelyhood of decisions going against us, at times tonight we spent more time slagging of the officials than supporting our players. I know the linesman heard and was annoyed by our support, I can bet he chatted to his mate about it at half time.

I also know we have great support with some very funny banter, why cant we focus on that?

We have to support our team and stop trying to intimidate the officials, it does us no favours!

Their solitary fan was in my view MOTM, there were lots of positives out there tonight, the result, the weather, the officials and the crap ground deflected from what was not a bad performance!

BRING ON SATURDAY!!!

3-0 flattered them a bit. We had a bad 10 minutes in the second half that cost us dear. Missed a few chances as well.

I've seen us lose 3-0 before and play a heck of a lot worse.

To be fair it still seems individual errors are costing us goals.. Plus we really need to start taking our chances in front of goal..

I wasn't at the game last night but from what i have heard the first 2 goals were down to individual errors from Crow and Ricky which is unfortunate. Also we seemed to run out of legs in the 2nd half..

I hear Bryan Glover had a promising debut.

That's hope we get better luck on Saturday.

Forgot to mention i hear Ricky's pen save was excellent

Bad day at the office so to speak. Doesn't help the amount of injuries we are getting at the moment. Both Colin Walll and Gab got quite bad knocks.

Well played last night Canvey, i think you are the best side we have played this season so far but, i agree, the 3-0 scoreline was a little flattering.

Both teams played good football mostly on the ground and your support was excellent considering the distance you had to travel.

I think it's a bit harsh calling our ground a sh*t hole though, i like to call it character. I promise you it would seem beautiful on a summer's afternoon if you were winning 3-0.

You've had a lot of success over the past few years with your former 'owner' putting a lot of money into the club enabling you to build up a good fan-base. Money is something we've never had.

What you see at the moment is a team of players playing for virtually nothing after Harrow Council disgracefully decided that the club was not worth supporting and gave the go-ahead for the owners of the ground to build flats on it.

We are not sure how long we have got left, but the players are going to give it 100% this season and combining this effort with a fair bit of skill we are now all pretty hopeful of a play-off place (at least)

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, and we'll see you at Canvey in a few months time.

Up the Greens!!!!!!!

Nice post. Hope the club manages to survive in some form even if it's away from the White Lion ground.

Maybe i was a bit harsh to say sht hole but the weather conditions and our little loss of direction made the whole place seem bad but im sure that on a descent day then it can be a half descent ground.

Fair play to the bloke singing to us all game. was on his own but that didnt bother him.

Enjoy the season

MOB Snr & Mini-Goose93 - Thanks for the mention in your posts.

You all sang well and got behind your team excellently.

Loved the banter throughout regarding pension book and memory loss etc.

The result flattered us a little.

Hope to come to the Island in January for the return fixture.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Well done Bramley, you are a credit to your club

It was good to meet you (The Great Eckscape)last night.
The weather did not dampen anybody's spirit.
Enjoy your theme day at Horsham on Saturday and get through to the next round.
Thank the rest of your lads for their hospitality.

Nice one fella. All the best for the season ahead.

I didn't actually think their ground was as bad as some were making it out to be. It certainly wasn't on the same page as Aveley's dump. Though it does bother me how the league dare to suggest we make improvements to our ground, but give teams grading without having to lift a finger. Do they not realise our ground was good enough for Conference clubs two years ago?

Aside from that, I enjoyed the first half of the match and though the second went downhill, there was still a lot of effort to try and score - even at 3-0.

Well done to Edgware and good luck to them, but I don't think their day in the sun will last past Christmas.