Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Controversy at the Park

GHA EFM

Right. So much to talk about. Seeing as this is a football club, however, I think I'll start with the football.<p>Erm. Yes. Not too great. Luck isn't going our own way at the moment. But that isn't an excuse. Is team morale low? Because a few players don't look too interested. Playing for contracts? Who? Name one. It can't get much worse. A 2 goal win over Heybridge, with a good performance as well, would be very nice. Total football. Holland of the seventies. Symbolics? I'll give you bl..dy symbolics.<p>The ground itself. It's about time someone sorted out the toilets. I overheard a comment from an Aldershot fan that the toilets at the York Road end had the same smell they had five years ago. Everything else is looking OK. A pool table would be nice though. And a jukebox. Well, one can dream.<p>That’ll do. On to the real stuff.<p>EFM. Good bunch of lads, myself included! Out to have a laugh, a drink, and a good time at the football on a Saturday and sometimes a Tuesday. On occasion they, sorry, one or two of them, can go a little too far with the drink. However. People don’t realise how EFM isn’t actually a hooligan front. Faced with the Chelsea or Millwall hooligans for example, I know who my money would be on.<p>Hendon. Interesting game. Indiscipline on the pitch. How come Mr. Gibson made no reference to the two sending’s off? The referee was terrible. Almost all Saints fans were frustrated. Presented with the opportunity, someone through a cider can in the direction of the referee. Stupid. The person regrets it now, that is obvious. I don’t think that the throwing of the can was a result of being too drunk, however. It was an over-reaction, over-exuberance, whatever. Live and learn. It won’t happen again for a long time, and certainly not from a member of the Firm. Mr. Gibson. I read in the Hendon programme, and I quote, ‘The Heybridge officials were very sporting in defeat.’ Heybridge lost 6-1. We lost 1-0. Did you go into the boardroom after the game? Did you stay for long?<p>Harrow. Good day out. 6-2 win. Share a laugh with the opposition keeper, who was a good sport, and won the MOTM on the website. Nothing happened. Not many EFM in attendance. Correct me if I’m wrong but I saw AFF, Mark White, myself, Younes, Ryan, Alan, Pete, Colin and Costello in attendance. As I said, nothing happened.<p>On to Tuesday night. One of the strangest programme notes I have ever read. Something was wrong with them. So many things were said. I think I am right in saying Mr. Gibson wants to bring back the families to Clarence Park. Is that at the expense of fans who have kept coming to the club through thick and thin?

EFM. A group of young lads who can’t hold their drink. Is that right? Let me throw a name into the air. Jon Farmer. There we go. A few weeks / months ago, he was involved in a very verbal confrontation with a steward he simply asked to see his ticket at the gate. Jon was clearly drunk, and has been seen drunk on many occasions at Clarence Park. The steward showed professional restraint in simply standing and listening to the abuse that he was being given, such as being spat at, swore at, and having a cigarette thrown at him. At the next game, Jon was given an apology in the programme. Where’s the sense in that? I must have missed something. Back to the original point. Jon has been seen to be drunk on more than one occasion. It might be said that he cannot hold his drink. However, he also occasionally brings a family with him.<p>Confiscating plastic bottles off people is ridiculous. The person in question was drinking a Pepsi Max. Caffeine high? I don’t think so. So why did one of our stewards confiscate the bottle off him? Why were there plastic bottles of water being sold in the tea bar? A way of making money? Sell the water, confiscate it the moment the purchaser steps away from the tea bar, take the bottle (still filled with water) back into the tea bar, sell it again? Can the ground regulations please be cleared up. Last time I looked, nothing was said about alcohol.<p>Can’t remember what else I was going to say. Too much Coke. BAN ME!!!<p>That’ll do for now.

Another couple of points Mr. Gibson.<p>Why were there no directors at games such as Kinstonian away?<p>Why were the innocent two not defended at the Kingstonian game?<p>Why do you keep using Ian Rogers as the direct link between the supporters and yourself? He is not a spokesman for us or for you. He is a fan. Come into the clubhouse after games for a while. See what it's like. Mingle.

There has been a LOT of dog muck written on this site about a lot of various subjects (not least by me). Congratulations, GHA, on the first reasonable, rationable and level-headed message about the general state of affairs at our club (I'll continue to call it "our club" for the time being"). Time to draw a line under all the rubbish and move on. If not now, then at least in time for the start of next season.

Consider the following:- <p>- Punching an opposition supporter in the bar during the half-time of a home match (Harrow, possibly) for no reason other than that he was wearing a red and white scarf.<p>- Urinating in a pint glass during a match.<p>- Baiting Les Cleevely to such a point that he hit Mark Peacock (it would have been someone else, but I think Mark may have been closer) in the bar after a match.<p>- Coining opposition goalkeepers from behind the goal (most recently at Hendon, last Thursday).<p>- Turning up at matches so drunk he can barely speak.<p>If most of these were the behaviour of a supporter, we all would have expected him to have been banned by now. One person has done all of these things down the years at St Albans matches.<p>No talk of banning him though. Wondering who it is? Take a look a GHA's message and draw your own conclusions.

not about anyone in particular///<p>I, Patrick, do not remember that but I do remember the Cheltenham episode very well. Thing is when someone throws a bottle when there is 400 or so behind the goal the league (now I'm gusesing here...) says "well it could have been a one off fan excited by the occasion...lets leave it, bloody Chelsea have that 'firm' we need to sort out...." - fair do's....

When some complete and utter ****** (who regrets the incident by the way...or so we are told...) throws a can onto the pitch at Hendon with 40 people behind the goal the league thinks "stupid idiot, lets fine them....."

Strange that at most games I've been to the "plastic glass drinkers" have a laugh (OK swearing is involved) but go home without any trouble. Certain others (of which an EFM member does include) have been seen drunk out of their skulls "wanting to cause trouble" - now I'm not saying they wanted a fight but just to cause a nusance to the offending ground steward...Chester comes to mind..

I was very unfortunate to witness a couple of "EFM" holding up the one way system in Chesham after our victory there...they probably don't remember...I don't want to.....The same game saw a pitch invasion..."excitable crowd" , I was but managed to keep my feet on the terraces...<p>I think to resolve this problem the idiot who threw the can should own up or at least do the decent thing and keep away for a while.....<p>err...<p>the end

I thought my brain turned to gravy for a second there. "No alcohol in sight of the pitch" means what it says. No distinction between cans, plastic glasses or whatever. I can cope with that. I'm not that chronic an aloholic. I'd presume that, if we're serious about all this discussion about drink, everybody else would agree. Personally, I don't know whether the can thrower has any regrets over what he did or not - still less whether he's planning to stay away. Not for me to say, really.

I don't think it's right just to blame the alcohol. Only 1 person was really drunk at Kingstonian, and we all know who that is. At Hendon, I didn't see anyone half as drunk. If they were under the influence, they wouldn't have thrown their drink away would they?<p>Someone threw a CAN. They said they were sorry. They are sorry. It's all well and good banning alcohol or bottles, but anyone can get their hands on a can of something. A coke can would have had exactly the same effect. If a coke can was thrown, would the 'ban alcohol from the ground' idea have been considered?<p>All it needs is for the person invovled to face up to the consequences. Tell the Chairman it was you. It was stupid, and it won't happen again. See what he says.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Indiscipline on the pitch <hr></blockquote><p>Thank you, GHA. For a while, I thought we had all forgotten the catalyst which brought about the whole set of sorry events of last Thursday evening.<p>Whether Simon Martin committed a foul on Hendon's Woolner I don't know and frankly I don't much care. What I do know is that Rob Smith walked fully 40 odd yards to argue the point with the referee. As I understand it, this is not the first time, by a long chalk, that this sort of incident has occurred with Smith over the last few seasons and he needs to be read the riot act. Clearly he hasn't been so far, as he was still at it again in the Aldershot match and talking to him after that match he still feels he was not in the wrong at Hendon. He doesn't seem to comprehend that he lost us the match. I am afraid words fail me. <p>Rob Smith is not the only culprit responsible for indiscipline. There are others, who are not totally blameless. When will players realise that no amount of arguing and backchat is ever going to make a referee change his decision, however bad it may be. It is totally pointless. Finally, we mustn't forget a certain substitute, who looks as if he would be more at home going ten rounds with Tyson, every time he steps on the field.<p>Come on Gary and Steve, get it sorted and soon!<p>

mad.gif" border="0

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Charlie Farnsbarnes:

<strong><p>Thank you, GHA. For a while, I thought we had all forgotten the catalyst which brought about the whole set of sorry events of last Thursday evening.<p>Whether Simon Martin committed a foul on Hendon's Woolner I don't know and frankly I don't much care. What I do know is that Rob Smith walked fully 40 odd yards to argue the point with the referee. As I understand it, this is not the first time, by a long chalk, that this sort of incident has occurred with Smith over the last few seasons and he needs to be read the riot act. Clearly he hasn't been so far, as he was still at it again in the Aldershot match and talking to him after that match he still feels he was not in the wrong at Hendon. He doesn't seem to comprehend that he lost us the match. I am afraid words fail me. <p>Rob Smith is not the only culprit responsible for indiscipline. There are others, who are not totally blameless. When will players realise that no amount of arguing and backchat is ever going to make a referee change his decision, however bad it may be. It is totally pointless. Finally, we mustn't forget a certain substitute, who looks as if he would be more at home going ten rounds with Tyson, every time he steps on the field.<p>Come on Gary and Steve, get it sorted and soon!<p>

mad.gif" border="0 </strong><hr></blockquote>