Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is it time....

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Jim deserves to complete his task of getting Town promoted this season.We still have a realistic change of getting in the play-offs.Lets review the situation IF we don't achieve promotion.

PS.. I feel the current disciplinary problems have a greater chance of getting Jim the sack at the moment than league position.The board stated they were concerned and would review the situation of discipline.That was a couple of weeks ago.Since then three players have been sent off along with a hatfull of bookings.We got a big b*llocking from the FA last year about this,and the board must be getting worried again.

The club seems to have stagnated. But i didnt vote as i dont really know if changing the manager is the answer.

There is very little doubt that JC really cares about the club.

He has also had some really good players, think some of their talents have been a bit wasted..And still are.

The disciplinary record of the Town though is a disgrace.

2 seasons ago, i think the Town had a great group of players.

I never really knew how out of all of them he chose the one with the worst disciplinary record as captain.

Yesterday, and in particular the 1st half, I thought our behaviour was disgraceful and we had no one but ourselves to blame for it turning into a niggly affair. At times we looked like a group of thugs, and no wonder we are getting a reputation.

Crace, Jones, Rudi and Hammatt were the culprits (in that order), and I have no idea why the ref decided that Campbell would get the 1st booking?? Ricci was running round like a bull in a china shop, leaving his foot in after every challenge. Maybe we should try to focus more on getting the ball down and playing some football, rather than putting the oppo in hospital. You can understand why Brentwood started to give it back, we were totally at fault. At a higher standard we would have finished the game with less than 10 men.

Something did seem to calm everyone down at half time somewhat, but there is a difference between getting stuck in and dirty tackles!!

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Jim deserves to complete his task of getting Town promoted this season.We still have a realistic change of getting in the play-offs.Lets review the situation IF we don't achieve promotion.

PS.. I feel the current disciplinary problems have a greater chance of getting Jim the sack at the moment than league position.The board stated they were concerned and would review the situation of discipline.That was a couple of weeks ago.Since then three players have been sent off along with a hatfull of bookings.We got a big b*llocking from the FA last year about this,and the board must be getting worried again.

There are times when matters are taken out of a manager's hands regarding whether he stays or goes. Just ask Martin Jol.

No one can deny that Jim has been a great servant to our club and that he really does care about resluts and performances. The problem is that we have stagnated on the pitch and seem to have run out of ideas. It is very rare in football that a manager is able to keep up the momentum and make the right changes at the right time over a period of many years. We need some fresh blood, new ideas etc. Yes, I do feel it is time for Jim to step down from his role as manager but with pride and with the thanks of all our fans. I would hope that he could still stay with the club in some sort of capacity but the management team does need to be changed.

When the time does come for Jim to step down.I hope it is done amicably,and that he remains an integral part of the club.A place on the board would be great.Lets not forget Jim has lots of experience ,extensive knowledge of players at this level and loads of contacts,which could prove invaluable for all teams representing ETFC (including u18/reserves..etc) .I'd have no problem with Jim being involved (along with the rest of the board) in appointing the man to replace him.

All this is in the future and if we gain promotion this year,the subject of Jim stepping down will not arise.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
No one can deny that Jim has been a great servant to our club and that he really does care about resluts and performances. The problem is that we have stagnated on the pitch and seem to have run out of ideas. It is very rare in football that a manager is able to keep up the momentum and make the right changes at the right time over a period of many years. We need some fresh blood, new ideas etc. Yes, I do feel it is time for Jim to step down from his role as manager but with pride and with the thanks of all our fans. I would hope that he could still stay with the club in some sort of capacity but the management team does need to be changed.

Totally agree, and have said it myself several times, lets hope the board & Jim himself recognise the need for a fresh start.

would be nice to know if the board will continue to support JC AND his team despite the poor disciplenary record, which will cost the club in excess of £1500 if we continue down this road.

but to be out all meaningful cup competitions, and stuggling in the league is more of a concern.

I believe the time for change is now, not at the end of another failing season. This is not personal, this is about wanting the best for OUR club

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
... for Jim to move on?

No - Given full support, I'm convinced JC will steer Town to promotion via the play-offs!

Third time lucky!
[color:#666666][color:#C0C0C0]
[color:#000099]...Enfield Town's latest fixture poster will be available at tonight's game. [color:#C0C0C0]
[/color][/color][/color][/color]

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
... for Jim to move on?

No - Given full support, I'm convinced JC will steer Town to promotion via the play-offs!

[color:#666666][color:#C0C0C0]
[color:#000099]...Enfield Town's latest fixture poster will be available at tonight's game. [color:#C0C0C0]
[/color][/color][/color][/color]

No surprise that the Board backs the Manager. Tottenham backed Jol. What did happen to him I wonder?

Just because the Board backs a Manager doesn't mean that the fans can't hold an alternative view and vote them off if they so desire in the coming elections.

The ONLY way Jim can hold onto his job is to start winning and I'm sorry but 0 - 3, 1 - 1 and 2 - 2 doesn't silence the "whinging" fans after a so far poor season.