Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is it time....

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Soppy Lemon, explain to me how you can be so much behind Mr Chandler... ??

Firstly his best season with our fail was two years ago when we were in the southern league div 1 where we lost in the play offs.

Secondly the players that have gone or been released over the past three seasons have not been replaced by better ones

and lastly Jim is with out fail the towns biggest fan so maybe he would get more from the club to take more of a back seat and allow someone with a little bit more hunger to take over ??

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
not exactly democratic, as only 25% of the memebership have voted on here, and that is assuming some people have not voted twice.

is the cup half full or half empty?
the poll shows only 4% more voted for him to stay, not a ringing endorsement.

But the debate goes on, which is good for the democratic process and we all know the board love democracy

I just had a butchers hook and its a 50-50 split now . looks like your plan to oust him aint gonna work. He has just as many mates as you.

Reading from afar it appears that ETFC is not unlike most sporting clubs in the lower echelons.

You are torn between rewarding loyalty to the club....an admirable trait to be fostered and honoured at any time....and the frustration of having to watch sub-standard/below potential (as you judge it)performances.

My experience is that those in the hot seat are more than aware of their situation.

Their reputation/pride is publicly on the line.

A loyal club stalwart would be feeling the pressure even more.

They usually know when to go.

How they 'go' reflects on the ethics, integrity and honour of the club.

So it is really an ethical dilemma you face.

What is the premise of your local football club?

Reward loyalty or win at all costs?

Lets not forget the debt we owe to our manager.He has shown loyalty and given dedicated service to the role for many years (and won lots off silverware along the way).He has said that if we don't achieve promotion this year,he will step aside.As such, i think he deserves a full crack at trying to achieve that promtion this season.Only when promotion becomes impossible should we be looking or talking about a change of manager.I also hope that when the day comes for JC to step down, he will still be involved with the club in some capacity.

• 2 months later...