Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-August 17 )

• Photo
    joe12345

• Photo
    Number 10 scores goals

• Photo
    Cannon P.I

• Photo
    Harry Sullivan

Photo

Waltham Abbey v Tilbury

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Both clubs in big trouble with the F.A. after Saturdays match was abandoned

It was on a rare break on 75 minutes that the trouble erupted after a rash challenge deep in his own half by Anthony on Marc Sontag. The two players got into a scuffle on the floor and Anthony lost his cool, striking out at the Abbey player.

That prompted Sontag's brother Lee to race across the pitch and land a haymaker on Anthony and a melee ensued.

Referee Lloyd Wood sorted it out, first sending off Anthony and then Lee Sontag, who raced after the Tilbury youngster and followed him into the dressing room, where an altercation broke out, Anthony emerging covered in blood and clearly dazed.

Further ugly scenes followed as players and club officials from boths side got involved.

Mr Wood sent both teams to the dressing room and, after consulting with the FA, announced the match had been abandoned.

Thurrock Gazette

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Blimey, this is a rough old league this year!

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
Dear oh dear. thats a suprise.
It seems to have kicked off on a few occasions this season so far and it isnt even december yet!

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
I wonder how much of these problems are fuelled by poor refereeing, if they bottle key decisions.

I saw an example sunday a player got tackled quite badly from behind, the referee who was a parent waved on and allowed play to go on.

The fouled player on not being awarded a foul ran the length of the pitch made a rash two footed challenge on the other player resulting in a lump the size of an egg on one lads shin and an almighty row between parents.

Translate that to an adults game as has happened so many times this season and we have a situation as Abbey Vs Tilbury.

offline canveyspur

canveyspur
  • Reserves
I remember last year when the woman from the burger bar was f-ing and blinding about our supporters swearing. They have no fans so the trouble can be stopped very quickly, stop thier reserves watching the games.

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
I think alot of it can go down to poor referees. Especially being 1-0 down with that long to go.

Tempers can begin to flare and when the ref is agionst you people begin to get aggressive.

I know from previous experiences smile

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: Canvey Island FC, Billericay Town FC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley
mini-goose, we know all about poor referees don't we........

but to be fair there is a bit more to this story than is published, it only mentions the actions not the words.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus