Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

In Rainbows

Who else on here has downloaded it? If so, what do you think, now you've had a few weeks to listen to it?

It's still early days, I suppose, but it's looking like a contender for the second-best Radiohead album behind OK Computer for me. What I love about it in particular is that my favourite track seems to differ almost day by day.

Can't wait for the 'discbox' with the bonus 2nd disc in December.

It's not bad... but then anything that improves on Kid A and Amnesiac, when I stopped listening to them altogether, has to be given a green light.

Maybe Thom Yorke is at long last emerging from that ar$e he disappeared into after OK Computer. (That's my two-penneth anyway... wink

Will you be paying £80 for the USB stick, JC...? I don't get 'them kids'... what's the attraction of a feckin USB stick ahead of a download/CD?

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Kid A and Amnesiac, when I stopped listening to them altogether

Sacrilege! They both have tracks that misfire, but the good and great outweigh the average, and tracks such as Pyramid Song, Idioteque and How To Disappear Competely are amongst their very best.

As for the USB stick, since I have all the albums already, I'll pass on that one. Unlike certain completists, I tend to avoid buying releases that are entirely comprised of tracks I already own.

Originally Posted By: jc

Sacrilege! They both have tracks that misfire

Tracks 1-10 and 1-11...? wink

Seriously, I tried my utmost to like those albums, and even listened to them again after In Rainbows came out, but only about two songs in total worked for me.

After trying really hard about 10 times, I considered I shoudn't be having to try that hard to like something and came to the conclusion 'new Radiohead' wasn't for me and I just didn't get it! However, In Rainbows, and to some extent their last album, have gone some way to winning me back.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Seriously, I tried my utmost to like those albums, and even listened to them again after In Rainbows came out, but only about two songs in total worked for me.

I'm right and you're wrong, Stu - Kid A and Amnesiac are both great albums. And as I've stated that, it must be a fact, not an opinion - as any self-respecting confguider would confirm. wink

Originally Posted By: jc
I'm right and you're wrong, Stu - Kid A and Amnesiac are both great albums. And as I've stated that, it must be a fact, not an opinion - as any self-respecting confguider would confirm. wink

Hmmm, how about we meet halfway..? I've listened to Kid A again and can see a glimmer of hope there. Amnesiac - two songs aside - remains a load of old toss though...! guitar

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
having been somewhat intrigued by all this MSN type estuary bollox on an open pub thread I have now listened to the aforementioned tracks/albums myself.....

max bygraves and des o'conner ARE the way forward... guitar

In a hearse, perchance ?

bolt

• 4 weeks later...