Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another game abandoned.

Mini Goose

Witham v Aveley.

only read through it quickly as i didnt have much time but an aveley player broke his leg and the game was abandoned 10 minutes to go till half time.

I understand the injury could be very serious but why did the ref decide to call the game off. Why cannot the player just be taken off and taken to hospital or what ever is nesecarry and the game continue.

Same thing happened to us in pre season when aaron dalhouse took a nasty injury. but it there really any need to abandone the game?

Some council bye-laws insist floodlights are switched off by a certain time. If there was a delay in the ambulance arriving (Basildon Utd's Steve Hickey had to wait 25 minutes), they may have decided there was not enough time for the match to continue.

they called an ambulance as they couldnt move the player and after 30 minutes of waiting the ambulance still hadnt turned up so the ref took it upon himself to abandon the game . Wise move i think .

Hookey your right about the floodlight thing , when we were at Wakering we'd have to always kick off midweek cup matches earlier than 745 incase of extra time as the lights had to be off at 10pm !

Our midweek matches used to kick off at 7.30 because the residents complained about the floodlights.

Heybridge and Thurrock I think do a similar thing with early kick offs.