Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 15-December 17 )

• Photo
    bronzed_aussie

• Photo
    canvey_92

• Photo
    NowhereMan

• Photo
    SteveC

Photo

about our attendace figuresAttendance Figures

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Joe White

Joe White
  • Reserves
A lot seems to be said about our attendance figures this season and the lower numbers visiting Park Lane.
I think that this could be partly due to the days we are playing on.
I for one cannot get to the Tuesday evening matches and therefore rely on Saturdays to attend, but just look at the fixtures...one Saturday home game in August, one Saturday home game in September, one Saturday home league game in October and one Saturday home game in November (incidentally the same team as the Trophy home game in October).
I know that this is nobody's fault and games have had to be re-arranged due to cup ties, but it leaves me short of games this season compared to last.
Does anybody have a view on this?

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Yes, this is certainly a problem we could have done without. The cup competitions have taken their toll on our fixtures, and as a result the 3 o'clock Saturday's at Park Lane are few and far between at the moment.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
To be honest I don't think our FA Trophy run has affected our home fixtures too badly.

We've only had to arrange two of our matches because of this and both of those are away(Enfield Town and Sudbury)

We've been unlucky in that the draws have not been kind to us. (three away games and only Wingate & Finchley at home)

Where we've come unstuck is our opponents having decent cup runs. We lost our match against Ware on a Saturday because of their FA Cup run and Brentwood has had to be reorganised twice (OK that was originally scheduled for a Tuesday)

We also lost out on a home tie in the FA Cup to Enfield Town on a Saturday after we got beaten by Rothwell.

Don't think the fixture computer has been too kind to us either. If you look at the original fixture list that came out at the start of the season we have 4 Tuesday night home games before Xmas.

Just think we've been unfortunate in terms of scheduling as well as the cup draws.

offline Yellow Bungle

Yellow Bungle
  • First XI - Sub
I agree, I've only made a paltry two games this season. Wold have like to be there more often.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Last season up to the 11/11 we had played 7 home league & cup games on Saturdays this season only 4, i hope this is at least part of the reason why we are down £6000 on last seasons figures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus