Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

about our attendace figuresAttendance Figures

Joe White

A lot seems to be said about our attendance figures this season and the lower numbers visiting Park Lane.

I think that this could be partly due to the days we are playing on.

I for one cannot get to the Tuesday evening matches and therefore rely on Saturdays to attend, but just look at the fixtures...one Saturday home game in August, one Saturday home game in September, one Saturday home league game in October and one Saturday home game in November (incidentally the same team as the Trophy home game in October).

I know that this is nobody's fault and games have had to be re-arranged due to cup ties, but it leaves me short of games this season compared to last.

Does anybody have a view on this?

Yes, this is certainly a problem we could have done without. The cup competitions have taken their toll on our fixtures, and as a result the 3 o'clock Saturday's at Park Lane are few and far between at the moment.

To be honest I don't think our FA Trophy run has affected our home fixtures too badly.

We've only had to arrange two of our matches because of this and both of those are away(Enfield Town and Sudbury)

We've been unlucky in that the draws have not been kind to us. (three away games and only Wingate & Finchley at home)

Where we've come unstuck is our opponents having decent cup runs. We lost our match against Ware on a Saturday because of their FA Cup run and Brentwood has had to be reorganised twice (OK that was originally scheduled for a Tuesday)

We also lost out on a home tie in the FA Cup to Enfield Town on a Saturday after we got beaten by Rothwell.

Don't think the fixture computer has been too kind to us either. If you look at the original fixture list that came out at the start of the season we have 4 Tuesday night home games before Xmas.

Just think we've been unfortunate in terms of scheduling as well as the cup draws.