Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

MOB snr

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
40 replies to this topic

offline arena boy

arena boy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
You really are a Daddy's boy not able to make your own mind up. How vert sad. The wording under your post gives away how thick you must be.

offline arena boy

arena boy
Blimey I must be thick also. vert????????? what that the hell is that word. Very is better. Must be getting down to your level MOB snr

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: Canvey Island FC, Billericay Town FC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley
who the f*ck are you?

Are you on the gear?

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: Canvey Island FC, Billericay Town FC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley
And who the b0ll0cks are Sky Blue Ultras, are you a Coventry fan?

You must be on the gear.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Arena Boy, your fans were good the other day, but when you make comments like they are the best fans in the league then people are bound to comment. When you have the likes of Dartford, AFC Sudbury, Enfield Town and ourselves in the league, you might need a couple of seasons practice!

Do the "Sky Blue Ultras" go home & away?

offline arena boy

arena boy
The 'Sky Blue Ultras' tag for the Brentwood fans behind the goal is a bit of fun. And yes they do travel away as well. This season is the first time the club has enjoyed such support. 'Wood have never known people to sing and chant before.
It started with a few youngsters early in the season and since then their numbers have grown with their mates coming along.
Not only does it add numbers to our attendances but like Tuesday evening when only 89 people shuffled through the turnstiles to watch the match against Potters Bar Town at least those behind the goal created some atmosphere.
I think it will be a long long time before Brentwood Town will have the level of support like the clubs you mentioned, if at all. At least the club are making a real effort trying to attract more people in the town to come along and support the local club this season.
Wishing Canvey Island all the best for the season and for a good run in the Trophy.

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
Fair enough, good luck to them. We look forward to another couple of meetings later in the season.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Brentwood is a similar size town to the likes of Billericay so can't see why with some success on the field you can't attract a few more through the gates.

offline arena boy

arena boy
Hopefully if the club can have a successful season , say finish around mid-table, for their first term at Ryman League level slowly people in the Brentwwod area will take notice and come along and support the club. It is hard trying to build up a fan base from 'one man and his dog' to the level of support the likes of Canvey, Enfield Town and AFC Sudbury enjoy. You and these clubs have been about much longer than us one way or another. With our ground 'out of town' and limited public transport to it people won't bother to walk to it or they would rather waste away watching footie on the telly on Saturday afternoons in the pub. Also, the football fan in the town takes no notice or interest in the local club, they would rather go and watch a London club or the likes of Southend etc etc. These type of 'football fan' spends weekday evenings watching Champions League on the telly rather than going along to support their local football club. I bet many of these 'plastic football fans' have no idea what league the clubs like us play in.
I hope my earlier comments weren't taken to badly. We should all support our clubs loudly and proudly but at the final whistle beable to share a beer together in the bar.

offline Guest_MOB Snr_*

Guest_MOB Snr_*
  • rank
Originally Posted By: arena boy
You really are a Daddy's boy not able to make your own mind up. How vert sad. The wording under your post gives away how thick you must be.
druff confused2

offline John Short

John Short
I go and see canvey play and im an arsenal fan. You see i have time to do both so there you go just give it time then the people will see your local team play like i did i went to a canvey game i said to me mum and dad can i keep going to see canvey and i have stuck to my word

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
Yeah but its easy when you go to another team and watch the other from your armchair wink

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
watching non league football live in the ground on a saturday and then watching your prem team (arsenal) on a Sunday is just about a perfect weekend.
The same will probably not apply though if your premier league side is spurs or west spam

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
What about if your team aint even in the premier league?

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
your sh1t

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
So are Northwood.
oh and tilbury, they are sh1t aswell wink

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
watching non league football live in the ground on a saturday and then watching your prem team (arsenal) on a Sunday is just about a perfect weekend.
The same will probably not apply though if your premier league side is spurs or west spam

Lets face it spurs have had about 75 years of playing the ball on the floor in the glory game during their 125 years whilst the Woolwich have only discovered the pass and move game since that strange man wenger came to town 11 years ago.
In that time he has turned every gooner into a believer that “we will always be at the top” , you should check the history of teams like Liverpool who were far more dominant than the Woolwich are now but eventually fell back to also ran’s.
When you lose wenger you will join the also ran’s believe me!
Lets finally remember that West Ham are known as the academy Spurs is known as the home of the glory game and your home is known as the library and all with good cause.

offline John Short

John Short
i agree with urchin mentalist i FCKING LOVE a weekend full of football but i dont like watching wet spam and spurs WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

The Great Eckscape
  • rank
Spurs have a fine tradition of quality football players - Hoddle, Ardiles, Waddle, Gascoigne, Ginola just in my lifetime.

Who have Arsenal ever had?

Pascal Cygan, that's who.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
John Jensen, Gus Caesar, Glenn Helder, all of them bloody awful!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus