Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attn Canvey Forum Mods

Nette

If you know this despicable individual would you perhaps be kind enough to have a quiet word. He posted this on a thread on our forum discussing arrangements for the forthcoming funeral of one of our longest serving fans.

Thank you

Nette

gunner

Trainee

Loc: Canvey England

(86.144.81.230)

NO 1 CARES

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Nett.

John, there is no excuse for posting things like that. From what I have read, Harry was what being a non-league supporter is all about. Though I have never met him, I think we are all upset to hear of a true non league footie fan passing away.

If you intend on posting idiotic things like that, then please refrain from using these forums.

Glen

here's something to think about for you John next time you are ever tempted to post an abusive message on a thread ....

harry was 84 years old and was an orphan..he spent his formative years in dr barbados hornchurch orphanage with many other underpriveledged orphans in the austere pre war years of the 20's and 30's he never had any material things nor did he have an education as such apart from the orphanage...he spent his whole time from being young supporting his home team of hornchurch as most of the players were from his orphanage....when the orphanage closed and as the team evolved and changed to upminster wanderers harry was there...when they changed back to hornchurch harry was there...when they moved to the bridge... harry was there....throughout his whole life...through work and war and peace harry was there.....he never married....it was too much of a distraction from his football...

at every game... home and away harry was there.....when I arrived with plans to change things harry was there....he loved all the razmataz as we all did but when things went wrong for me and the club....harry was there offering me the deeds to his house.... which I of course declined....we survived and as we clawed our way back up the ladder.... he was there...

he was always there...win lose or draw....he was a rare breed in a world where winning is everything and few remember or want to think about a different grey age when youngsters from many orphanages (yes they were numerous even in my young days in the 50's) had no radio..no tv.. no toys.. no parents and no love.....

only a football match somewhere....and too harry Hx was his football match....Hx was his family...we are his family...all of us and we miss him

thank you for your apology which I accept on behalf of our club and our supporters.....hopefully your support of your canvey team will... in some way reflect a little of harry's devotion to his....none of us could ever hope to emulate it....

Unc

Very moving Unc. Let's hope it will cause young John/Gunner to reflect, not just on his post but on life's lot in general.

Sadly however, I fear it will simply evoke a "Whatever"!!!

Maybe not eh!

Wasn't a nice thing to say at all. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson and will think more before he says things on here.