Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Looking forward to Tuesday

Mr Happy

Great result and just what was needed after Saturday.

Didn`t make the game myself so can someone answer a couple of questions.

Looking at the photos did Wall start instead of Stuart, is John Stuart injured?

Did Roberts and Edgar play in central midfield?

Has Fanibuyan`s suspension started yet and how long is he out for?

Any news on the injury to Francis?

Jon Stuart had the flu last night. Colin Wall came in and was superb, Batchy certainly has a selection headache for Saturday if Jon is fit.

Roberts & Clydie played in the middle and looked very solid, and scored the goals as well. Ryan's goal was a carbon copy of his goal against Hornchurch last season. We were directly behind the goal and the ball moved everywhere before crashing into the back of the net.

Gab is suspended for the Ilford match on Tuesday. This is only a 1 match suspension for 2 yellows.

Dan has done his ankle ligaments and should be back in 4-5 weeks. Spoke to Dobbo last night, having an op soon and hopes to be back around Xmas time.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Jon Stuart had the flu last night. Colin Wall came in and was superb, Batchy certainly has a selection headache for Saturday if Jon is fit.

Roberts & Clydie played in the middle and looked very solid, and scored the goals as well. Ryan's goal was a carbon copy of his goal against Hornchurch last season. We were directly behind the goal and the ball moved everywhere before crashing into the back of the net.

Gab is suspended for the Ilford match on Tuesday. This is only a 1 match suspension for 2 yellows.

Dan has done his ankle ligaments and should be back in 4-5 weeks. Spoke to Dobbo last night, having an op soon and hopes to be back around Xmas time.

Cheers, i didn`t see Fanibuyan in any of the photos so i thought he was out, i take it he played on the left?

Never quite works out that easy John! Out of the last 4 games (Brentwood, Maldon, Wakering, & Enfield Town), I would realistically expected the Wakering game to be the easiest chance of a win. As it turned out, we drew with them and won the three tough ones!

I'd like to think we'd beat them & Ilford, but Wingate have brought in a lot of new players since we last played them.

Great performance last night. Defence looked strong, midfield worked hard and was creative and up front Ruggy and Danny Curran linked up well.

Difficult to pick a man of the match as there were so many good performances. Ryan just about gets my vote not only for that goal but a hardworking display in midfield and constantly hassling the player in possession.

Colin Wall was outstanding and though Danny Curran was a bit sloppy in his finishing at times, he had a quality game. He held up the ball superbly especially in the first 30 minutes when we were under a bit of pressure and he gave us a foothold in the game. Their defence really didn't know how to deal with him!!

Some great banter with their fans as well especially in the second half. Shame most of them seem to turn up at half time!!!

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Never quite works out that easy John! Out of the last 4 games (Brentwood, Maldon, Wakering, & Enfield Town), I would realistically expected the Wakering game to be the easiest chance of a win. As it turned out, we drew with them and won the three tough ones!

I'd like to think we'd beat them & Ilford, but Wingate have brought in a lot of new players since we last played them.

To be fair we beat GWR we just never got all the points, their manager was a crafty old git who worked out the game, he could not get his players to sort it so he came on to do it himself.

He was too old and to slow to play a proper game, so he came on and gave Bourney a dig, that was his main intention.

For the rest of the game he had space as nobody went near him then he had time on the ball, he scored on and made one.

There were two ways we could have countered that:-

1. As soon as he gives Bourney the dig, someone responds by letting him reach the half way line then leaves an imprint of their studs on the inside of his thigh.

2. Again reach the halfway line then respond in kind, with a swift right hook to the left temple.

We just do not have the players for that, in this league if we go near a player they scream like a stuck pig and roll all over the floor.

They slice six inches out of one of our defenders and we carry on, we have got to learn to play the likes of these at their own game!!

I am 100% certain John batch is building the best footbaling side in the Ryman North & South, we now need to start learning the other game.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW

Some great banter with their fans as well especially in the second half. Shame most of them seem to turn up at half time!!!

WE were all there in the first half but were up the uncovered end. When we are a littel depleted in the vocal ranks as we were you just cannopt create any decent atmosphere up there. We have asked our board time and time again to build a small covered area but it keeps falling on deaf ears.

Good luck against Maidstone.

We found that last season when we were a little depleted in numbers. We went up the uncovered end in the second half but any attempts at noise we made went straight up into the air!!!

Problems is if you stand at the covered end you can't see what's going on at the other end. Not too sure what happened on Clydie's goal.

I don't care what happened, it went in the net and we won!

Out of interest Mr Happy, who owns Goldsdown Road now? I thought you were Brimsdown tenants, but I read elsewhere that it is a "shared tenancy"?