Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The greatest rock band ever - an alternative poll

Radiohead's style is like Marmite, you'll either love it or hate it. I choose to love it, Q chose Radiohead as the best British Band of the last 15 years and OK Computer as the best album of all time, but I don't like Q very much. Funny old life.<p>There are some great bands not mentioned yet:<p>Pink Floyd

The Beatles (maybe more pop than rock)

The Smiths

The Jam

The Clash

The Rolling Stones

Stone Roses

REM

The Doors<p>Just thought some of these lads might deserve a mention too grin.gif" border="0

Yes, on reflection I should have put Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones in place of Black Sabbath. Still think Dire Straits are worthy of a place and the Beatles are more pop than rock (as Steve P says). Can't say I ever rated Springsteen apart from one or two tracks but each to their own, eh?

I like U2, but they really aren't of the same status of Led Zep, The Who or Oasis, what they are is consistently very good and probably one of the best live acts in the world today. I also didn't think much of their last effort.<p>Status Quo, is a no, we all know gonna get with them. The Kinks were very good, but probably didn't produce as much quality music as some of these artists. Fleetwood Mac were ok, shouldn't be in a rock poll, they started of as a blues outfit, a very good one but not a great rock band.<p>Is say vote Zep, which is what I said originally, though if Pink Floyd were up there too I would have to think about it.

Its pretty clear you've never seen the Boss and the E Street Band live Rob or you would never be making statements like that. The guy is in a different league. Depeche Mode? Black Sabbath? Carter USM? The words Mickey Mouse come to mind.