Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edwards Signs For The Gulls!

ShedBoy

Edwards Signs For The Gulls!

Canvey have this evening wrapped up the signing of experienced 32-year old centre back Russell Edwards. Edwards, who played 43 games for Braintree Town in the Conference South last season (in which they reached the Playoff Final), is a tall, powerful defender. He signs for the club after witnessing our 1-0 victory against Maldon Town. Russell will go straight into the squad for Saturday's match

This is a great signing for the club! Russell is real leader on the pitch, just what we need to help the younger lads..

Welcome to the Club Russell!

He was down the club last night and is built like the proverbial brick outhouse!!! Will be a real asset in defence and at set pieces his height could prove invaluable.

Welcome to the club, Russ.

I left a message on the Braintree forum to see how they rated Russell.

One fan wrote:

"brilliant player....got a magnet on his head...clears the ball every time."

Another said:

"im gutted he has gone to canvey, i really thought he would come back here."

Looks like he's gonna be a good signing when you consider they are a Conference South outfit.

Sounds like just the signing we needed, well done to the club for getting their man applause

It looks like Braintree`s management would have liked him to stay

Patterson is also in talks with former defender Russell Edwards.

Meanwhile Patterson has named club captain Bradley Quinton as his number two.

"He has shown passion and will to win and he's the sort of player you want in your side," added Patterson.

Former boss Borg has also backed Quinton to be a success as a coach.

"It will hold Brad in good stead and I'm sure he will go into full management in the future," said Borg.

I would like to see russell edwards come back he was brilliant last season and he is a strong commanding centre back.

Russ is one of the best players ive ever played with when i was at Chelmsford 3 years ago . True gentleman off the pitch and a huge presence on the pitch. Great player , best signing you will make this year bar none.

Sounds like a potentially great signing for Canvey and I think him playing alongside, Colin Wall, Westy and Jon Stuart could make one of the best defences in the league! It also gives players like Dobbo and Kreyling when they return from fitness the chance to play as the tough holding midfielder that we are lacking at current and also Bourne to play wide left and Leon to be more attacking without the need to track back too much.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Sounds like a potentially great signing for Canvey and I think him playing alongside, Colin Wall, Westy and Jon Stuart could make one of the best defences in the league! It also gives players like Dobbo and Kreyling when they return from fitness the chance to play as the tough holding midfielder that we are lacking at current and also Bourne to play wide left and Leon to be more attacking without the need to track back too much.

I`m happy with our midfield at the moment to be honest.

Won 3-0 against Wingate & Finchley.