Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Take it from me Lords are treated better than kings, I used to work for the Chief Whip in the House of Lords.

Have you worked for a king? Can you therefore make that comparison based on actual experience?

Originally Posted By: Wader
Great point Septimus, well made and well argued.

Yes indeedy, at work Willo could easily gain access to Cec's computer when he pops out the room for a wee wee or an iced bun. Oh it is all so clear now, Willo was accussing me yesterday of being the post puzzle perpertrator when all along it was a cunning smokescreen to divert attention from his own guilt......!

Hang Willo!
Hang Willo!
Hang Willo!

It’s a very good call Wader, however, as you will see from my avatar there’s no smokescreen with Willo. Anyway I’m Rhodes alter ego and I don’t really exist.

So far Willo has pointed the finger of blame at – Wader, Horace and voted Mrs R. Who is next?

Take it from me Lords are treated better than kings, I used to work for the Chief Whip in the House of Lords.

When I was young and single and signed up to the official secrets act, I used to date the Chancellor of the Exchequers Diary Secretary. It did involve a whip once in a lift in Millbank Tower. I can confirm that whips are overrated.

I've often regretted leaving the House of Lords when I did, Kentish Town would have had their own stadium built by now in the development behind Kings Cross station or elsewhere in Camden had I stayed and I wouldn't have to keep walking up and down Kentish Town Road cap in hand

I've often regretted leaving the House of Lords when I did, Kentish Town would have had their own stadium built by now in the development behind Kings Cross station or elsewhere in Camden had I stayed and I wouldn't have to keep walking up and down Kentish Town Road cap in hand

Now I shall be voting for that one in Dec Quote of the Month!!!!

I was 'like that' with quite a few of the Peers, a new stadium for Kentish Town, on similar lines to Dartford, would be loose pocket change to the likes of Lord Sainsbury for example

Originally Posted By: Lato
Have you worked for a king? Can you therefore make that comparison based on actual experience?

Lato - No I can't say that I have but I wouldn't want to be in Prince Charles's shoes for all the tea in China when the Queen finally hangs up her boots, would you

why not..its the job he's been training to do all his life.

I may even have a few shillings on him being bypassed by Prince William, I don't think his heart is in it and he's clearly far more interested in Camilla

More local press coverage on Royston, perhaps we should make seperate predictions for their home game with Winslow United tomorrow, I'll kick off at 9-0:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED21%20Dec%202007%2010%3A41%3A58%3A847

Undoubtedly, Royston are better than they were before and teams will find it hard to get points from them. But they are far from unbeatable. They lack fitness and most of their damage is inflicted in the first 30 minutes as a consequence of this. Where they will struggle is in games where they have not scored in the first half and have to get a result in the second.

Thanks for that information, it will be very useful to us next Saturday as we are currently compiling a Don Revie style dossier on Royston and hope to have them watched against Winslow United today

perhaps we should make seperate predictions for their home game with Winslow United tomorrow, I'll kick off at 9-0:

Is anybody going to say 'unlucky' I wonder

We went to Cranfield United in a confident frame of mind expecting to come away with the three points blindfolded, as all teams do, but didn't account for them kicking Lee Scott out of the game in the first minute and in Alistair Shearer they have a dangerous striker in the Lee Shipperley mould.

Incidentally what do you think of the Cranfield Website, it's pretty impressive but I think they are a Club finally going places:

http://www.cranfieldunitedfc.co.uk/

Royston wants revenge !!

They were not happy after their last game against Kentish Town and they have promissed to score 6 against them.

I will do my very best to go to the game on Saturday.

Here comes the new Royston, you better be ready Kentish !!

No excuses Rhodes, leave alone the referee,the linesman and please open the changing rooms on time.

Please make sure that the food after the game is Quality !

Smithcharles42 - If you decide to attend the eagerly awaited fixture at the palatial Copthall Stadium on Saturday then you will be welcomed with open arms like everyone else despite some of your comments on this Forum, I hope you will make yourself known to me rather than being unsociable and doing a SteveR and Losingmyhair. Might I enquire at to why Royston were unhappy after we triumphed 4-3 at Garden Walk, we beat them fair and square in what was an old fashioned thriller and they only pulled two late goals back because we took our foot off the gas. Actually we were the ones who has just cause for complaint as there was no match programme produced on the night and the floodlighting was very poor, you could barely see your hand in front of your face particularly stand side.

We are looking forward to welcomming the legendary Tony Galvin on Saturday and yes we will be pushing the boat out, Haringey Borough style, with the after match hospitality, we're expecting a fairly decent attendance as there is a lot riding on the result.