Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls 3 - 0 Wingate

Another excellent performance from the lads today. Restricted Wingate to one goalscoring opportunity, could have had quite a few more ourselves.

Edwards was superb on debut, him and Colin Wall look like they could form a great partnership.

Ruggy & Dan Curran as industrious as always, Nicky getting Man of the Match.

Overall, very pleased that we seem to have plugged that hole at the back. This has allowed players like Fanibuyan to really express himself, as he did when he dribbled round everybody before Dan blasted over.

Just on the edge of the playoffs now, roll on Tuesday!

I thought it was a good solid performance, bar when we were on the back foot, we had no defensive midfield whatsoever. Edgar and Fanibuyan are excellent going forward, but once they were forward and Wingate tried to counter, it was down to the backline, (which thankfully was rock solid) to clear up. A better footballing team could possibly slip past our defence, and with no midfield we would be there for the taking.

I thought Russ was really solid, you could hear him from the other end of the ground and he was constantly marshalling everyone about. Once again the frontline are getting better, the communication is really developing between Dan and Ruggy. A shame that Jon Stuart didn't play yesterday, Fanibuyan is wasted playing so deep and if Stuart was fully recovered I would've thought Crow could play in the hole in front of the back four to let Fanny do his magic.

If not Crow then hopefully Dave Kreyling is coming back to full fitness now and I think we really need someone to plug that gap as we head into this stage of the season where the weather makes pitches difficult and we need to keep focused to grind out the result.

Looking forward to Ilford if we can equal last season's results.

Danny Curran for me just seems to get better and better. Works hard, holds the ball up well and has that touch of class about him that very few players have at this level.

Ok, he missed a few chances yesterday but his intelligence brings others into the game. Allied with Ruggy's workrate we have a great forward line.

Thought Russ had a great debut. Looked composed and won every tackle and header. His distribution was also excellent.

Bourney I thought had a good game.

Plenty of positives and we're now just 5 points off the leaders with a game in hand. A victory on Tuesday night could take us into the top three.

Was practicing his juggling skills by the looks of it!!!