Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex & Herts Border Combination

I see from the News section that the Reserves

are joining the Essex & Herts Border Combination next season. Presumably

this means at long last we are going to have a proper structure within the Club, where the best players from St.Albans City Youth can progress through the Reserves and eventually the first team.<p>This is long overdue! For far too long now the best local youth players have had no opportunity to progress to a decent level of football.

This is a good move if your club wishes to progress but don't expect miracles too soon. The standard of the lower division of this league is not great and I cannot see many players (perhaps this should say any players) coming from this to Ryman Prem. You will spend much of your time in deepest Essex.<p>You will need to progress to the senior division quickly to make this worthwhile. <p>Good Luck

From my extensive, erm, research...<p>Premier Division<p>East Thurrock

Braintree Town

Heybridge Swifts

Hornchurch

Cheshunt

Canvey Island

Great Wakering Rovers

Ware

Witham Town

Burnham Ramblers

Potters Bar

Ilford

St Margaretsbury

Brentwood <p>1st Division<p>Waltham

Barking & East Ham

Hullbridge

Somersett Ambury

Southend Manor

Sawbridgeworth

Hoddesdon

Hertford

Basildon

Bowers United

Concord

Saffron Walden Town <p>I thank yew!

A couple of small points:<p>[a] I heard a whisper that the Reserves are hoping to be accepted into the Premier Division of the E&H.<p> Saints64mad.<p>One possibility is that she is genuine. Lives in Lincolnshire. 13 years old. Probably would make, what, 5 home games each season? £5 admission. Kid for a quid? Total income to The Club? £20 or so.<p>The second possibility is that she is Buzz Lightyear playing stupid games again. He must have spent several hours each day screwing up our Club and making himself the laughing stock of The Ryman when he was Chairman. I wonder how he fills each day now when he's not posting inane, anonymous messages on here.<p>So. Do I run the risk of upsetting a true Saint and costing The Club a much needed £20, or ....<p>I'll think about it.

Nice to see another addition.<p>Just thought I'll let you know that St Margaretsbury pulled out of the premier division way back at Christmas and Saffron Walden have only just recently pulled out of the 1st division.<p>I wouldn't say it's the best league in the world (fixtures are often released a week before every month) but it has improved from a couple of seasons ago when it was often when one of the officials didn't turn up. This season so far has been brilliant on this side.<p>As a fellow herts club, it can be quite off putting that most of the travelling will be to deep essex. It's got some ties with the Essex Senior League and most of the stuff is Essex oriented.<p>So Ware may see next season then, least its not far to travel!