Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
carjam

Too Many Subjects Going On Here

Just remember this whole thing started because smoebody further up the thread from Canvey started boasting about 21pts. Not my fault and asking for criticism. Lets end it now. <P>CARJAM

We have tried to set our budget on a break even basis of an attendance of 450 per match. At least that was the position at the start of the season.<P>You will see that on most occasions that we sign a player, we have to let one go to balance the books. Mind you with the FA Cup prize money and the increasing attendances, it may be that we can now increase the squad as we go for the championship.<P>Our biggest problem is that we don not have a reserve side, which means that we cannot keep players in matches if they are not in the first team.

CANV, sort it out, he is Simon, I'm Gazza.<P>And, "spending every penney on comfy seats for the fat boys to sit down on in the ground". <P>Which fat boy are you talking about. The one on the bench or the three or four you have up front!!!

Don't mean to bring all this back up again but I have to ask the question to Carjam!<BR>why is it such a big deal with you that a club has players that you say "earn megga bucks" so god **** what! let me ask you if your club had come into money and had the chance to spend a few quid, what would you say to that? No? <BR>somehow I don't think so! maybe we are pretenders but by christ it's great fun pretending watching your chosen club do so well in so many cup runs etc etc etc!<BR>Sour grapes thats what I think your problem is carjam!<P>P.S<BR>Gazza pass me one of your funny sticks, I have a feeling I might need it!!<P>[ 25 October 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]<p>[ 25 October 2001: This message was edited by: canfan ]

Sour Grapes indeed. Perhaps so when you win the title. We know that wont happen though dont we. Takes more than just money you know.<P>If the Fleet had the money, i should be delighted and then concerned if things did not go as planned. First thing though would be to sort out the ground and the pitch. That's already been achieved. Are you really sure that your place is OK. It seemed far from up to standard last season (actually it was a bit of a dump).<P>What you should do is amalgamate with GNFC. The new club could be called Gravesend & Northfleet CI. Play your games in Kent with the reserves playing on CI. Your fan base would then be up to scratch and you wouldn’t have to spend all that money on your pitch and so on. Their problem solved.<P>The definition of army: ‘Great Number Of Men armed for Warfare’. You cannot be serious on either count. Please remove that silly untruth from the end of your messages.<P>CarJam<BR>Enjoy your weekend

Carjam - I would say that if there two things that you are really good at, it is firstly, starting off incredibly long message threads and secondly the way you are so blatantly obnoxious and arrogant in the way go about doing so.<BR>Then again you do support Non-League football even though its Gravesend & Northfleet, so I suppose we must give you some leaway in trying to figure out your thinking, although I wouldn't paint all G & N supporters the same way.<BR>I dont seem to notice your title on the G&N Forum, have you been banned? wink.gif" border="0

Thanks, I think there is a compliment in there somewhere. I have used the forum, not lately and I most certainly haven’t been banned. I actually had a website of my own dedicated to the 'Fleet, something like six or seven seasons ago, certainly before the current far superior site was up or Canvey were up for that matter. That point is just to show how dedicated I am and hence don’t like to here them being knocked. It works both ways. Please don’t take everything I say too seriously. This particular website is for fans to have fun, and a little bit of winding up must add to it, just a bit. I have nothing against Canvey and admire all non-league fans for their dedication. They just cannot face the truth though (certain Canvey fans that is).<P>Carjam

Originally posted by carjam:<BR>[QB]Sour Grapes indeed. Perhaps so when you win the title. We know that wont happen though don't we. DO WE??? oh I see you have a crystal ball..<BR>If the Fleet had the money, i should be delighted. So what's wrong with Canvey having a few quid to spend????<BR>First thing though would be to sort out the ground and the pitch. Is that so, the ground is far more important then your team is it??? Oh and by the way Canveys ground is up to standard for the conference, I would have thought rather than spend fruitlessly on the possibility of promotion it would be far more practical to get some descent players with the money and try and win the promotion in the first place.<BR>That's already been achieved. Are you really sure that your place is OK. YES!!!! <P>What you should do is amalgamate with GNFC. Yeh right so you can then say you have a descent team playing in Kent!!ha ha 2 hopes there!!<BR>The definition of army: ‘Great Number Of Men armed for Warfare’. Actually there are 4 different definitions to Army "Loads of people getting together for a purpose" and before you say it there is no defined number when the word loads is used so I would consider 400 people loads and supporting CIFC a purpose. <BR>All your threads seem to be based on assumption carjam, get your facts right then comment with some intelligence!<BR>and I will have a good weekend watching Canvey play with the YELLOW ARMY in support..<P>SO just for you carjam FOREVER YELLOW ARMY! YELLOW ARMY YELLOW ARMY YELLOW ARMY..

Carjam, why are you so obviously jealous of Canvey? So we have got a great financial backing, so what? Who said that you have to raise all your players from the youth team and turn them into first team players? If a decent player comes along and Jeff wants him then he'll try and buy him. I thought that the way to win the league is to have the best team. Saying this, our record signing is only £5000, not exactly big money. Criticise the way the team plays (if you can) by all means, but don't have a go at us for our ambition. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SING WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!

err, this may come as a bit of a shock to you. Look carefully at the posts. It's not me thats obsessed with your money. I still say that your clubs too small and will eventually fall away. It's you chaps that are obsessed. Face it.<P>CarJam<BR>Enjoy your weekend

Once again, Great at keeping things going Carjam but you have it wrong once again. You have forgotten the wordings of your previous posts; scroll through them, all of them, for the next few hours and you will identify that it is you that instigates the assumed financies of Canvey FC, therefor it is you who has the obsession.<BR>That reply of yours just does not wash with me mate.

Just done that, it's like statistics..you can read it however you like..twist it a bit and get a different result. Anyhow it's really not important enougth to worry about. Your up early, I have just done a night shift and am in no condition right now to continue with this one. Im off to bed. Just let me clear up one point. The ground (Stonebridge Rd) has already been passed fit for the conf so coming second wont do you any favours. Goodnight.<P>carjam

Wrong again Carjam smile.gif" border="0 its morning and a good one. Have a good Kip, wake up refreshed and enjoy your game. FA cup day today, back to the league afterwards.<BR>Lots of preperations for when Canvey ascend to the higher and rightfull Conference League next season and look back on some of the **** playing surfaces Canvey had to play on at the end of last season and beating them, G & N included. grin.gif" border="0

Up and refreshed. This subject has long time run it's course by now. You cant wind me up about the pitch. There will not be many problems at Stonebridge Rd this season. I will be keeping my eye on yours though and expect you to face a fixture pile up after Christmas. Time to find something else to talk about now this thread has grown far too long.<P>Carjam

Well very funny ha..ha..<BR>You know what aggravates you, its simple.<BR>There you are with a team full of professionals and yet your being matched game by game and point for point in the league and now the FA Cup by a team with more support and a better ground playing on a smaller budget. It is not your god given right to win this league you had your chance last year and failed. There’s some very hard games on the horizon, your bubble is about to burst. Goodbye. End of subject. Lets make this the final comment eh chaps.<P>CarJam

True its not our god given right and it isnt yours either and I agree lets cast this one adrift, its taking far too long to down load, Ahhhhhhhhmen to that!