Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A "BIG" plea for extra support tonight !!

Cookie

Good thinking CE, am sure some fans stay away because of these games. Mind you there are Champions League games on SKY too on a Wednesday for those who are rich enough to have it wink

The attendances are 90% a function of results.

The club needs to make money-surely has to charge for seating-or most people would want to sit there.

Could 'accept it' at £1 but personally would keep it at £2.

Am i correct that Ramsgate are paying £20000 to put a roof on both the terraces behind their goals.(that may result in a few more defections to Ramsgate.

Best gesture club could make i feel is to keep seated stand at £2, but RENT some temporary standing terraces to give people some semblance of cover in the winter,but there again-where does the funding for that come from.(mind you i reckon SCS is worth £10000 )

seriously,a few urchins had the hump about paying a quid to sit in that hole of a stand at sittingbourne on top of the £9 rip off admission charge.

If its £2 extra to sit once you have paid the admission fee then that is where you are partly going wrong.

Once a non league fan enters the ground they should not then have to pay for the pleasure of sitting.

Non league clubs should be taking advantage of the fact that many people are turning away from the proffesional game because of the proffessional clubs pricing policies,not taking advantage of the fans that actually want to bother to turn up to watch their local team.

Those at margate take note,although our crowds are not the best in the world,we charge a simple £8 to get in,stand,sit or crack one off the wrist round the back of the stand!!!

people seem to appreciate the fact that they are not being mugged off more than they appreciate being mugged off,don't ask me why but that is the way it is.

Anyway,see you all on saturday,especially that taffy git alan lol

!!!

I am going entirely from memory so someone may prove me wrong but that memory tells me, and some of my old Margate programmes indicate, that the cost of sitting in the old wooden stand in the 1950's and 1960's was the same as the cost of the programme i.e. 3d (old money). That is what it is now and therefore I don't find it unreasonable.

As regards the Champions League, I don't see that as a contest as you either support Margate or you don't. Football on TV is generally a bore anyway.

And don't forget, for we exiles it costs around £25.00 including petrol to watch Margate at home anyway.

I agree Drummer, much prefer to see Margate play for real then sit in an armchair watching Champions League even if I do miss a bit of the game sorting out the away team and officials drinks for half time.Its what supporting your local club is all about, ups and downs, in and outs, high and lows etc.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
Those at margate take note,although our crowds are not the best in the world,we charge a simple £8 to get in,stand,sit or crack one off the wrist round the back of the stand!!!!!!

biglaugh

He even brought his dad down too. So he would have had company & someone to talk to about the game after all. Yes,not easy for MM to get here,especially on a midweek night.Good to see them both make the journey.Same applies to Geoff & Gary.Always good to see them there & its appreciated.

And yet there are some that live local that cant be bovvered. Unvelievable!!.