• W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
Real Ale is the drink of heros

Hero's who are into Folk music, Morris Dancing, Fair Isle sweaters & smoking a pipe biglaugh

Well done Rick,

10 / 10 for spotting Gazza first time.

Purchasing one bottle in a night is hardly the sign of a TRUE hero?

BB, you're just upset that my preference is not Strongbow. And it's not about the quantity, it's all about quality as any real ale drinker will tell you. Anyway, I don't drink and drive...

As for Morris dancers, ugh!!! Give the me the, a-typical, long haired, Harley Davison owning, hard rock luvin', real ale drinker and you'll be more in line. Except I don't own a Harley...(unless you stretch your imagination to the limit, maybe imbibe with some REALLY strong hallucinogenic drugs whilst looking at my car...oh and the long hair has long since gone...but it's there in spirit).

The advantage of real ale is it comes in all sorts of varieties

and tastes and, depending on what your mood is for the evening and/or the variety you are drinking, can be either drunk slowly or quaffed (to quaff, for those who don't know, is an old Celtic method of drinking, usually after some victory that involves loads of swords and banging of heads together. Basically, grab pint, open mouth and chuck the fluid towards mouth. Can get very messy, especially after anything over 6 or 7 pints. Also comes complete with lots of back slapping, jolly japes, singing and re actments of the days victory). The closest we have to a champion "quaffer" (to my knowledge) is Tony "Tash" Longhurst...When in the mood, it is an amazing sight to behold but you have to watch for the sneezing!!! And he does it with larger, which is even more impressive as, like cider, it's full of (girly) fizz!!! (apologies to the ladies).

And now, I think, I'll get me hat...

BB, I would love to but I do understand what it takes to keep the stuff ...
Without trying to raise the usual Camra 'is it real Real Ale' debate, what about ordering a Pin rather than a Firkin and fitting a cask breather?

I would have thought 36 pints would sell in a week and having Real Ale in the line up would attract more people to the bar.

I wish to thank those kind souls who took pity on me yesterday and had a whip round to buy me a strongbow.

It was quite nice actually, I always knew that tap Fosters was not as good the bottle, but I didn't realise bottled cider was also superior. That solitary bottle of Strongbow cheered me up on what was an otherwise dark and dismal day.

Thank you.

Not sure what you guys see when you read this thread but i am sure it says

"PETITION FOR STRONGBOW ON THE CLUB HOUSE PUMPS"

Not a mention of Ale

The person that nicked the thread for Ale buys on average i drink per visit to the club. I rest my case.

Really BB...But then again, as I have said, I drive and the law is quite strict concerning drinking and driving.

Perhaps you would like to have a pint for pint challenge one evening. You drink cider, I'll drink IPA...

You can drink what you like as long as i'm not paying. lol

Let the challenge begin. but it has to be Strongbow and IPA on Pump.

(This could well do the trick Gaz nice one) lmao

but never underestimate our Chairman

Perish the thought angel

Enough!!!

Surely the most important question is when are we going to get pork scratchings behind the bar??? Man cannot live on beer alone, likewise the ladies cannot live on cider alone.... More fried pig fat please, says I.

Ladies? Cider? Have you lost the plot man?

Still Simon at least you have not mentioned the dreaded Ale.

See you on the sideline tomorrow night