Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game Off?

Woody SUFC

Not good enough i'm afraid and what an embarassment for us. According to Bracknells website we have been suspended by the league for non payment of fines , can anyone shed any more light on this ? What the hell is happening down at the meadow at the moment if its not the floodlights going out its something else , we as supporters who are extremely loyal have a right to know and its a poor show that nothing has been posted on this forum this evening from anyone 'official' connected to W&EFC. I've never heard of such a situation before and how has it been allowed to get to this stage where we are unable to play a home game , what effect / implications will this have on the club - LETS SORT IT OUT

It was announced at our game that yours was postponed due to "a waterlogged pitch." Obviously the real story had already got out by then so that was met with howls of derision. Good to see that your PR machine works though. And your manager didn't have the night off he came down to scout our game.

Although I cannot go into detail I will try and answer some of the points raised:-

Mersyside Loyal - You are right, the fans do deserve a right to know and they will be told when the club know exactly what the reasons are. The reason that there has been nothing from anyone official from the club is that they were not in a position to post anything. Details will be made available shortly when the facts have been established and we know what is going on.

Woody - How do you expect us to let everyone know. No one at the club was in a position to post anything here and I had no way of updating the site. If you have better solution then lets hear it.

Best thing we did was to go

In your case, that's so very, very true. And you know what, with your attitude, the best thing you can do next is to keep on going. The farther the better. You could try going to outer Siberia, or maybe the Marianas Trench. Don't bother buying a return, either.

If we ever do feel short of bitter and miserable whines, we'll let you know: but until then please do hold your breath because you've certainly never had anything positive to contribute here.

what an absolute sham. the players need an apology, the manager needs an apology, the supporters need an apology. it is pathetic. i would be disappointed if this had have happened to a sunday morning outfit.

i am almost lost for words. a very sad state of affairs. i would hope the players will be reimbursed for their wasted journeys, i'll bear the costs of my wasted trek from East Northants.

im assuming we have effectively lost our home match against bracknell?

I've seen A PC in Steves small room next to the bar before. Does that have internet? Just a small post on the forum saying it was off would of done. There was one on Bracknells forum at 6.15

Very sad state of affairs, i spent a lot of the weekend doing the matchday programme, had to sneak out of work to collect them and then pay for a taxi to the club, drop of the progs and then take me back to work. FOR WHAT???

If it is a waterlogged pitch for a postponed game thats ok, as its not anyones fault but when you hear its due to incompatancies thats when it pi**es you off.

Nothing that happens down the club surprises me.

It's just fortunate we were playing Bracknell last night and not a team who had to travel a long way.

I sympathise with Dan who spends a lot of time and effort (for no financial reward) producing a programme only to find out that his efforts have been futile.

I appreciate the club might not be able to comment officially at this time but nevertheless I eagerly await the clubs explanation for last night’s debacle ASAP, there are a lot of rumours doing the rounds at the moment which isn't doing the club any good at all.

I hope we are told the truth and the whole affair isn't just swept under the carpet.

Firstly Hammerman where did you get the idea that Bracknell knew at 4:30pm?

The first I knew about it was at 5:45pm when I arrived at the ground to get everything ready and was told by the referee.

Secondly, there is no need to get personal and start throwing insults. The people involved with this issue, which included the only two people with access to the PC at the club, were busy trying to salvage something from the night and were not able to get anything onto the forum. The phone line was tied up with all the calls that had to be made so we couldn't even get on the internet.

Woody, thank you for getting something on here when you did and hopefully we can get something in place so that if anymore games are called off for whatever reason we can get a message on here as quickly as possible.

Clive, as I said earlier there will be a statement from the club once all the facts have been gathered.

Originally Posted By: Merseyside Loyal
What no news yet ? Its nearly 1' o clock whats going on, we deserve better.

As I have said, the club will give an explanation when they have all the facts.

I have sent a message to Kevin Stott asking him to sort something asap to inform everyone what is happening.

There is no point putting anything out until all the facts are known and we know if there is any come back or not.

Dansick - I have offered money to Windsor towards covering behind the goals when we paid to use the ground - and what did all of you at windsor do - NOTHING!

It now looks like somone has continued to do NOTHING about paying player fines alegedly - Slough has been badly run but it looks like Windsor is worse!