Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game Off?

Woody SUFC

I do find it very funny the way you let Staines Rebel get to you. This coming from the "if you can't take it don't dish out bunch" who spent more time singing anti-Slough songs than pro-Windsor ones whilst knocking Hampton out of the Trophy (think it was the trophy maybe the cup anyway a while back).

Back on topic I don't know why someone official from Windosr didn't just come out and say we've been suspended for a £24 fine. If that was the case most people would say it was the B&BFA being petty and ridiculously unfair and heavy handed.

we dont know martin. the only people that have really said anything is the observer online in which they said there would be a statement on the windsor website last night, and there is still nothing on it.

Originally Posted By: Don Juan DeMarcus
Quick question, how do the Berks and Bucks FA have the right to call off a BGB league match? Or have i misread im in bed ill so its likely.

The Berks & Bucks, along with any other County FA, have the right to suspend any club that is affiliated with it for breach of rules where documented. Once they have suspended a club then they and any other club associated with them i.e. reserves and youth are suspended until whatever needs doing to lift the suspension is done.

The club along with the Berks & Bucks FA are working on a joint statement at the moment and it was hoped that it would have been released by now. The suspension was lifted on Wednesday and the matter is still ongoing which is why the club want to make sure, for legal reasons, that when a statement is released that they say the right things.

This is not a deliberate attempt to keep anyone in the dark or to cover up any wrong doing, both parties just want to make sure that whatever is said is factual and acurate.

Exactly Hammerman. There should of been at the very least smething on the website saying the game was called off by now!! Some people more than likely have no idea whatsoever why the game was called off until the local papers came out!

A farce from start to finish!

note: one notable non-contributor to this thread.

Anyway.

in many respects you can see where Malcolm is coming from when he talks of "legalities". we may have made an almighty rickett as a club in the non-payment of fines and I guess if we have we will come out and say it is our fault.

we do have however Peter Simpson who knows his "legalities" so perhaps we should trust him (just like we did for Carroll & Lane I hear you shout).

So.

Hammerman - no need to insult Malcolm. He has to walk around day in day out with that face. is that not punishment enough.

Woody - very articulate as always. I think Malcolm acknowledges your point.

Saines Rebel - p1ss off.

We as supporters have been let down, our manager and our players have. But, if we keep airing our dirty washing in public then Numpty Rebel will have more ammunition.

When the facts are out then we can start marching down Peascod Street with heads on sticks.

Originally Posted By: Doris Wanderer
note: one notable non-contributor to this thread.

So.

Hammerman - no need to insult Malcolm. He has to walk around day in day out with that face. is that not punishment enough.

Woody - very articulate as always. I think Malcolm acknowledges your point.

Saines Rebel - p1ss off.

Listern Doris. He is a man who looks after the website and has some knowledge in what is going on at the club. He couldn't even be bothered to let some supporters know by text or through the website.
I don't particully like the bloke and I have a right to an opion. I think he could have done more to let supporters know as I know he is a supporter of the club himself.
Even if it was the Game was called off. Further details later.
Left a very bad taste in my mouth has this incident. Will have to ring the club up now before every game just to check that we have paid our fines!
The Slough fans who read this forum must be pissing themselves at this.
I know that this mostly the boards/Sectreteries fault but they don't give a [****!!****] about the fans. Only results and Money!

I notice it's come down from the original staggering number of 12 letters originally unanswered to a more reasonable three letters missed but even so... it does seem odd that both ends claim to have sent letters without any reply.

It ought to be quite easy to sort out, since if the cheque was sent then it'll show in a bank statement as cashed. Probably we wouldn't expect cheques to be paid immediately, so didn't noticec this especially for such a petty amount.

But I honestly think if the B&B FA had no answer to three letters they might try something really off-beat like, say, telephoning the club on a matchday, before going straight to suspension? Perhaps even calling an official or board member directly to ask why fines aren't being paid? This hardly seems like rocket science, it wouldn't even challenge most politicians.

Peter [simpson] said "I was shocked to receive a phone call from the Berks & Bucks at 4.30pm on the day of a match informing me that we were suspended. I immediately endeavoured to pay the fine."

£24 (or £144 even) wouldn't exactly be a bank-breaking sum. So, what - they wouldn't take his word for good enough? Maybe they thought he might decamp to Panama with the riches from not paying the fine?

At the very least they might have given enough notice that an official (or a fan, for f*ck's sake) could drive over with a few notes and pay it off, if they have some doubt that an official's cheque might bounce or something.

There has to be more to it than this.

Well, at least we know a litte bit more now, thanks to the local paper. The club may have to be careful about legalities, but I don't. If the story in the paper is true, there is only one villain here. It doesn't mattter if the actual problem arose through human error, computer glitch or anarchy in the Post Office; there is NO excuse for calling off a game at three hours' notice.

I realise the Berks and Bucks have a busy lifestyle (all the therapy sessions, the afternoon naps, taking all the right medication at the right time, etc) but somebody should explain to them in words of one syllable or less that their job is to FACILITATE football in this county (that means, make it run smoothly and efficiently) rather than flounce around saying "Aren't we IMPORTANT!! We got a game called off!!!"

We should take a trip to the monkey house at London Zoo and give each and every one of those B&B executives a jolly good clip around the ear, and tell them not to do it again. Alternatively, we could have them sold off to a good vivisectionist and replace them with a group of adult H. Sapiens who understand the use of the telephone in communication and have some idea of the relative importance of a £24 fine and a re-scheduled football match. Or at least replace them with a piece of pink notepaper, which would be an improvement.

SiD

PS I still think the club could have put something on the website for the fans, though.