Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SLB v Kentish Town - 5 Jan 08

Apparently Lato is going, I've offered to buy him a pint

Just for information purposes as we are getting quite a few enquires:

Hanwell Town

Reynolds Field

Perivale Lane

Greenford

Middx

UB6 8TL

K.O. 3pm

Entry: £4 including Match Programme

Children Free (Even if you bring all 6)

Best Route to the Ground:

From West, junction 16 M25 and follow A40(M) towards London. Go over the Greenford flyover and get into nearside lane signposted Ealing & Perivale. Exit, turn right across the A40, the ground is immediately on the left. Turn left into Perivale Lane and the entrance is 200 yards on the left.

From East, at Hanger Lane system, follow the A40 away from London, Keep to inside lane and turn left at signs for Ealing and Perivale. Turn left and ground is immediately on the left. Turn first left into Perivale Lane and the ground is 200 yards on the left.

Nearest Tube: Perivale - Central Line

Originally Posted By: Wader
No doubt Jim Carrey's ears will be burning at 2.50pm, 3.50pm and 5pm.

Your ears you mean, I suggest you bring a bucket of ice to Chalfont St Peter with you

Quote:
Sounds like he [smithcharles42] prefers to see a team that he obviously hates so much that he can't keep away. Sport London e Benfica that is.
Why he isn't going to watch the team he supposedly follows ... unless he's scouting on behalf of Royston?

For once I agree with you which must be a first

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No doubt Jim Carrey's ears will be burning at 2.50pm, 3.50pm and 5pm.

Your ears you mean, I suggest you bring a bucket of ice to Chalfont St Peter with you

Yes I intend to be there and rhodes has kindly offered to buy me a drink. However I doubt I will be talking about Wader as I intend to limit my conversation purely to the game in question.

With the weather as it is, I have no doubt that should by some chance the game be postponed then notification will be posted on here as soon as that information is known. However I look forward to meeting the various representatives of SLB and KTFC and hope for a good game (I diplomatically predicted 2-2 but as SLB are one of my local clubs I will be slightly favouring them!)

Originally Posted By: Lato
as SLB are one of my local clubs I will be slightly favouring them!)

Lato - That's actually disappointing to hear and doesn't really make any sense, just because you live local to a Club surely that doesn't mean you automatically have cause to show favouritism to them. I live a stones throw away from Bill Nicholson Way but don't even look for Spurs's results.

Outside of the engineering bricked halls of Copthall Stadium (and even there I have my doubts) I don't think that many will be hoping for Kentish Town to gain promotion at this season's end. In the unlikely event that promotion comes true for you Cec, I look forward to our potential encounters next season with a glee that is only surpassed by a visit to the dentist for root canal work.

If hope springs eternal, the FA will carry out their plans and move us to The UCL to spare us the effort of wading through one of your copy and paste programmes that makes an edition of the Annual National Trade Statistics with Finland seem like a light hearted and witty pamphlet.

In the unlikely event that promotion comes true for you Cec, I look forward to our potential encounters next season with a glee that is only surpassed by a visit to the dentist for root canal work.

Wader - But surely that won't happen anyway with Biggleswade Town so certain to win the Championship or will you, in your 'mercenary' capacity be leaving them to join a different SSML Premier Division Club, Biggleswade United perhaps.

I'm glad you think we're certain to win it. I don't share your optimism at present and have never done so or said so on this forum. Prove me wrong, please.

A lot of work needs to be done before anyone in the SSML Prem or Div 1 can claim anything. And believe it or not, that includes you.

Don't tar me with your own self congratulatory and presumptive brush. Ta!

to spare us the effort of wading through one of your copy and paste programmes that makes an edition of the Annual National Trade Statistics with Finland seem like a light hearted and witty pamphlet

Wader - Surely you are bigger than this below the belt comment which endorses my view that someone who crosses you pays a big price, I bet you have trampled on quite a few people who have stood in your way in the past particularly from a business perspective. You have just committed the worst cardinal sin by knocking someone in non league football who voluntarily goes that extra mile for their Club which tells me that you are not everything that you seem on the surface.

As a part time practising Catholic I believe in some of the bible. Reaping what you sow is one such item. You sow some pretty foul seed on here and to expect that others will not reciprocate in eye for an eye style is somewhat naive.

Please don't insult my intelligence and that of other members with your sudden self pity and hurt puppy dog whimpering. Shakespeare would have died to have had a tragic character such as you at his disposal. All brought upon yourself.

No sympathy from me whatsoever, especially after we had cleared the air at Hamilton Hall face to face. You expected me not to talk to you and not only did I, but engaged you in conversation, explained myself and bought you a beer. I can only conclude that for you to return after the holidays to this forum in a mood to callously try to erode my character is nothing short of utter cowardice.

That to me is like a player spitting on another at the final whistle. You have made your own bed, don't try and claim charity for the response!

Wader - I'm not callously trying to erode your character in the slightest, I'm sorry that you appear to have got that impression from somewhere. You seem to blow hot and cold on this Forum, some days you're as nice as pie and others you are not as if you have got out of bed the wrong side with today being the latter, HTFCew is exactly the same.