Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction League update

Well, just one game to go, and barring a mathematical miracle (have I mentioned rule 13© - repeated evidence of tactical predicting will be penalised by deduction of points) it looks as though Ol' Zimmerman has got it sewn up. Second place is still up for grabs though and realistically three people are still in with a chance.<p>The arrangements for this year's presentation ceremony have yet to be finalised but Cup Final day appears to be favourite - a full lap of honour carrying the glittering trophy before the cheering fans is of course compulsory (p.s AFF, if you could return it to me ASAP I can get it polished up in time, don't worry about the dents or the wine stains).<p>Next season, well, we'll have to wait and see but it is unlikely to be in the same format. That's all I'm saying for the moment. <p>Cheers

Rob<p>Oops, nearly forgot, you can view the table here.

Here's a thought Rob. Next season, introduce a new rule (rule 148, section 1, appendix ii) that clearly states that the person leading the prediction league should post the first prediction for the next game.<p>And Rob. Any thoughts on me renting your signature space yet?

Hi Rob<p>I noticed that Chesham run some sort of Prediction League which is printed in their programme each week. I think there were 3 divisions, promotion and relegation etc. !!<p>Now there's a thought. Modest entrance fee. Predictions to be posted on here [More royalties from Canvey for Webbo]. Updated each week in the match day programme. Prize at the end of the season. Today The Park, tomorrow The World.<p>I'll waive my fees for this one as usual.<p>DOIN' IT FOR THE CITY.

Some good ideas there, apart from <angle bracket man>. I'll definitely do a World Cup league, unles Ms Sinclair beats me to it (unlikely) and have a think about the format for next season, maybe set up an email form on the website for example. If we're going to start charging for entry and awarding prizes though, that better be left to the Marketing Dept, I get enough stick as it is!<p>p.s. How many do they have in the Chesham leagues, 3 in each?

Hi Rob.<p>You could be seconded to Sales & Marketing for a Special Project. There must be room for a Bright Lad.<p>I seem to recall that there were 12/15 in each of the Chesham Leagues. I don't know the detail, of course [i don't know everything!], but maybe it was on a first come first served basis initially. Or the High Rollers in the Premier League. Or alphabetically. Or seeded.<p>I'll leave the details to you.